Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. 2012 Hyundai Sonata 52,000.
When I turn engine off after idling ONLY the Sonata logo is fading and I feel a slight vibration. I do not feel this if the car has not been idling.
Hyundai dealership here is very poor for service. I took it there for recalls. I won't be going back.
The mechanic put the code machine on and no codes.
They have no idea why the vibration.
Do I need to be concerned.?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
There may be carbon build-up that stays hot (glowing) when you shut-down and it lights the small amount of fuel left and it's noticed as a rattle. (hence I recommended previously the CRC)

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
He's talking dieseling. You would know if it was that. Not likely since there's no fuel once the system is shut down. If there is that's a problem of it's own. Maybe torque converter?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
If I meant dieseling I would have mentioned it...she says a vibration and not a run-on situation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
it very hard to tell whats wrong if there is no stored codes, just like u tell doctor u not feeling well.
so if u are talking about carbon build up in gdi engine, then thats normal on all gdi engine in the world, hyundai is not the only one, BMW, Daimler, KIA , etc. gdi engine locate the injector in the cylinder instead in port injection, which is a newer technology to have better fuel efficiency. down side is the fuel no long cleaning the back side of the valve comparing to mpfi, time by time carbon deposit will buildup on the valve, which will cause oil consumption, etc.there is alot of product can clean back side of the valve, sparing carbon cleaner into the throttle body will help, but best way is remove the intake manifold and clean it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts