Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just bought a 2011 Sonata 2.0T last Thursday and I finally got behind the wheel. I really like the car, but I was disappointed to be getting a lot of vibration coming through the steering wheel at 65-70.

I'm hoping that it's just an alignment problem, but I still need to take the car back the dealer to have them fix the problem.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Good candidate for steering wheel vibration is an out of balance tire/s. Getting them balanced is a good place to start to eliminate rolling vibration.

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
Getting them balanced is a good place to start to eliminate rolling vibration.
The tires need to be inspected for defects too:
Flat spots, out of round, slipped belt, etc.
You can't make up for something like that with balance and alignment.

Rather than taking it in and telling them to do a balance and alignment......tell them/show them what the problems is and let them find the cause.

Having said that, I don't really trust dealer's shops with tire problems. They just don't see enough of them to be good at diagnosing problems. A tire shop that has been in business for a long time might be a better bet.

·
Registered
381 Posts
my 2013 almost 31.000 km has no vibration maybe a little but don't really feel em, I do 180km/h :p. when I had my winter tire set I had vibration at around 110km/h

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
+1 on that , Easy. But I would have tought that he had the tires checked for uneven wear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went back to the dealer this morning to have the tires balanced and it's a great improvement in the ride comfort. This sure is a fun car to drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts