Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. 2012 Hyundai Sonata 52,000.
When I turn engine off after idling ONLY as the Sonata logo is fading and I feel a slight vibration. I do not feel this if the car has not been idling.
Hyundai dealership here is very poor for service. I took it there for recalls. I won't be going back.
After getting past the nasty service person I finally was able to speak to the mechanic who put the code machine on and no codes. He said "don't worry about it" the engine is fine. He had no idea why as the Sonata logo is fading off after turning off engine there is a slight vibration.
Also a very faint clicking noise to my right when accelerating. Almost like the knock you would get when you have some bad gas. But it is VERY faint.

Do I need to be concerned.?

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
If you don't regularly get on the highway, it probably has some carbon build-up on the intake valves and cylinder heads. CRC cleaning may help and some longer trips in order.
(you're posting in the wrong forum ;))

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you don't regularly get on the highway, it probably has some carbon build-up on the intake valves and cylinder heads. CRC cleaning may help and some longer trips in order.
I bought the car from an elderly person who only drove it 5000 a year. Kept in garage. I drive it for Uber which is a bunch of small trips. What is CRC cleaning please?

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Let's not go off the deep-end with all the multiple posts! If we had constant mods here they would move your post...but such is not the case.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay I was just trying to get it in the right forum since you informed me I was in the wrong one! That's the only reason why I reposted it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see you joined in December 2017 which is approximately 27 months? And you've made 2,014 post so that's about 74.5 post per month so yeah you're an expert on what overboarding is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts