Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an '09 Accent and at about 65-70 mph the steering wheel starts to vibrate almost shake back and forth. I'm not exactly sure what it is, i've never hit a curb or anything. I'm guessing it's alignment or out of balance wheel. I'd rather pay for just one of those things if need be rather than pick one and hope it works haha. Any help will be great.

Kenny

·
Registered
265 Posts
Take your hands off the wheel Does it track straight? Not Alignment

I would say its a balance issue or possibly a belt has shifted in your tire...

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Alignment dont shake... something in motion shakes...

·
Registered
651 Posts
QUOTE (pjoduo @ Sep 27 2010, 10:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359275
Adjust the tire psi, if no change balance 'em (that is if your tires are not jacked up :-O).

yep what he said. if it's a new development, it's most likely something changed with your tires.

It's getting colder at night, sometimes air pressure goes down by itself with big changes in outside temp.

/just sayin'

·
Registered
10 Posts
Definitely wheel balance in my opinion. sometimes a wheel throws a balance weight while your driving and the next time you hit the highway its like a massage chair.

Same thing was wrong with my 07 when i bought it. Told the dealership it wasn't safe to sell until that was fixed. Doesnt take long to have a mechanic do either...

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 2009 hyundai accent gs. when i do 70+ mph on my accent the steering wheel and car shake very hard. my car has 14000 miles. the dealer did a balance and the same thing. i took my car to tire king for an alignment and balance. the car still shakes. the mechanic at tire kingdom says that he is 95% sure that the problem is the steel rims. he advised me to get alloy rims and a little wider tires. i think hyundai sold me a car with defective rims. i am going to call headquarters and i will come back with an update

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
All customer service is going to tell you is to see a Hyundai dealer for diagnosis..

Now it is up to you to find somebody that knows butt from hole in ground..

How was the wheels balanced ? Single plane or 2-plane.. preferably 2 plane with steel wheel, did they do bullseye balance ?

Anybody do a RFV measure on the tires ? you can balance all and well, but if tires have excessive road force, things will start to shake from about 70-85, maybe more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts