Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've driven the Trajet 2.0 for almost 18 months and now the Tucson for slightly more than a month. I do not really expect any outstanding performance from Hyundai cars, especially when it comes to fuel consumption.

My Tucson performs satisfactorily and has no complains (so far). *But* there is one thing that I cannot accept - noise, *unwanted* noise. Komoco is unable to detect where the noise is coming from. Hyundai Korea did not reply my complain email. This is very unexpected from a company and distributor that aims to sell as many Tucsons as possible, given the good previews and reviews todate.

The noise seems:
- to be coming from underneath the vehicle;
- sounds like hard surface knocking;
- definitely vibration as it happens only at slightly less than 1000 rpm
- the vibration is intense between 2500 and 3000 rpm;
- happens either cold or hot, loudess at mid-day;
- no sound when stationery;

I compared my Tucson with another similar model and found the same noise, but much louder than what mine does!

There are other surprises, too:
- auto-lock does not make sense;
- power window remote switch does not work;
- under-carriage Tuff-Kote sprayed onto rims;

Sigh ...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Your a bit unfortunate I too hate knocks and rattles of any kind. I have been reading about Tucson's since I decided to buy one in September last year. This is the first time i've heard a complaint about something apparently loose underneath. Sounds like muffler or exhaust is loose. Sound can behave strangely and your sound may also be coming from the engine bay. I'm really pleased with how quiet the Tucson is - one of my main reasons for buying it.

Only problem I have had is a back seat that will not fold down and is locked in the upright position. Waiting on a new back seat as the whole thing has to be replaced.

I was pleased to see the Tuff-Kote underbody spray. A small thing but significant because not many vehicles supplied in Australia come with this. I have no overspray.

All my electric's are working fine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Originally posted by cheekwang@Sep 21 2004, 03:44 AM
My Tucson performs satisfactorily and has no complains (so far). *But* there is one thing that I cannot accept - noise, *unwanted* noise. .

The noise seems:
- to be coming from underneath the vehicle;
- sounds like hard surface knocking;
- definitely vibration as it happens only at slightly less than 1000 rpm
- the vibration is intense between 2500 and 3000 rpm;
- happens either cold or hot, loudess at mid-day;
- no sound when stationery;

There are other surprises, too:
- auto-lock does not make sense;
- power window remote switch does not work;
- under-carriage Tuff-Kote sprayed onto rims;
Sigh ...
[snapback]1274[/snapback]​

No noises here either, mine is so smooth and silent I love it. I understand how annoyed you must be I hate it when you have an annoying noise coming from somewhere, hope you get it sorted out. The auto lock works fine on mine, it auto locks for the reason if the owner accidently hit the unlock button unware it locks again for you if the front door isn't opened. It's a safety feature. My power window works fine....is goes down with one push, its does not however go up with one push, again it is a safety feature so children or even adults don't get caught in it(hands),the sunroof works in the same manner. No over spray under mine either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts