Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so I have a 2013 Sonata gls, 5200 KM on it. I was recently experiencing an issue where at highway speeds my car would not go straight. I took to dealer, and they saw that 3/4 tires were not within the specs of alignment.

Anyway The dealer put the car in alignment however, now It seems like I have steering vibration in my steering wheel. It appears to go away when I put foot on brake but when I let go and at an speed I can feel a lot more vibration in my steering wheel now then before. It doesn't actually shake the steering wheel but its now annoying to feel when holding the wheel. I can also feel vibration in the seat as well

why might I experience this after an alignment fix?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like an unbalanced tire. The dealer might have rotated the tires and put an unbalanced one on the front.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Hi, so I have a 2013 Sonata gls, 5200 KM on it. I was recently experiencing an issue where at highway speeds my car would not go straight. I took to dealer, and they saw that 3/4 tires were not within the specs of alignment.

Anyway The dealer put the car in alignment however, now It seems like I have steering vibration in my steering wheel. It appears to go away when I put foot on brake but when I let go and at an speed I can feel a lot more vibration in my steering wheel now then before. It doesn't actually shake the steering wheel but its now annoying to feel when holding the wheel. I can also feel vibration in the seat as well

why might I experience this after an alignment fix?
does it vary with speed? For example, okay at 50mph but then you feel it at 60? If so, likely just a tire balance issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
seems like it doesn't matter at what speed, as long as its moving, i can feel vibration in the floor too

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Do you copy of original align numbers and finish align numbers after they finish ?

I suspect your align was out enough it chewed up the tires.

The straightening/squaring of the wheels changed the roll direction/contact with road surface of the chewed up treads so that the tread roughness is now felt more due to change in angles from original values..

·
Registered
647 Posts
If you roll slowly do you see the steering wheel wobble, or feel it? If so then you may have a bad tire or bent wheel. If they rotated tires during the alignment process it may have moved to a front wheel and now it is noticeable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The steering wheel never actually shakes, meaning I dont see it shake or vibrate, its only when i hold the steering wheel i can feel vibrations

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
The steering wheel never actually shakes, meaning I dont see it shake or vibrate, its only when i hold the steering wheel i can feel vibrations
Could be rear tire out if balance issue. Fronts you feel in steering wheel - rears you feel in the seat of your pants.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts