Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Shafts shouldn't vibrate that much at all ; make sure tires and rotors, wheel bearings are decent.

Gear clamp should help secure vibration damper; some reman shafts don't even have dampers on them at all.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
If you catch the boots as soon as they are torn, you can rebuild them.

But no one bothers anymore because new(Cardone) and reman shafts for just over $100 are available. Lots of posts about c/v shafts if you search.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are new rotors, pads, bearings, tires, struts, lug nut studs. All of which i had no problem with. My cv boot was torn and i decided to get new shafts. I replaced them and then the vibration started. Im not dumb enough not to consider the other possibilities. I know its in the shafts and was wondering if anyone else had this problem and fixed it without buying different shafts.
I think im just going to buy new ones though. I've tried everything i know for two weeks now to no avail.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Rock Auto has CV shafts at the best price I've seen,,,, and they are NEW; not rebuilt. Even with shipping they are still much cheaper than AutoZone/ AdvanceAuto.
Installation is not difficult. You need the 32mm socket. I had a good air impact; a cheap one probably won't do it. Electric wrench probably OK, too. Bang on the lower arm, and it will drop (after you remove the ball joint bolt).

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you're smart enough to remap an ECU then you have to know that there is no fix for an unbalanced axle assy. It is theoretically possible to attach or remove weight in an area of the hubs to correct balance... I would check wheel balance first... Normally the axles don't have enough radial torque to cause severe vibration unless they are malfunctioned at factory

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your statement would be correct but, a heart surgeon cannot necessarily perform brain surgery. If you know what i mean. I know what you mean by smart enough to remap, but you'd be surprised what some peoples methods and techniques are. The best way to learn is from others experience. Tires are balanced and rotated weekly. Thanks for the advice though. I think i will deal with the returning the product method.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts