Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Limited
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a basic question but when I get my sonata limited up to around 70-80 mph on the highway cruising it vibrates quite a bit. Idk if passengers can tell but I sure can. Just to get a diagnosis they wanna charge me $150 which is crazy. I figured the only things I can imagine it being is wheel balance, tire pressure? Or maybe suspension? The wheels were put on around 7k miles ago so I’m assuming they should be balanced right but I could be wrong. Would anyone have any good suggestions or ideas?

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Limited
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could swap rear tyres to front for a comparison. Weights can fall off and tyre fitters don't always get the balance correct. If it's in the the steering wheel, wheel balance would be a start. I'd spend the money on a balance first.
I’m actually getting a tire rotation currently so I’ll be able to see if it’s any different. The vibration isn’t really in the steering wheel it’s kinda all over I can notice it by feel and if I put my hand on the console or door I can feel it better but if I have drinks in the cup holders I can see them vibrating like crazy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts