Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
I had the "whole car" vibration, it was the rear wheels that needed re-balancing, they were way off. They were new tires and the tire store I bought them from either ignored the rear wheels or they had some rookie on the machine who didn't know what he was doing. Local Hyundai dealership fixed it easily.

I also had a slight vibration at 36,000 miles that turned out to be the right front wheel bearing, and Hyundai fixed it under warranty. Problem detected with a laser thermometer; that wheel was running about 15 degrees hotter than the other side.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The bad wheel bearing on my car was the right front. That tire was wearing unevenly and just a basic laser temp reader showed a big difference. I checked it about 5 minutes after stopping the car, giving the bearing heat enough time to saturate the hub and wheel . Doesn't matter where you shoot it, as long as it is the same place on both sides, somewhere close to the center of the wheel. I had to have the front rotors turned after replacing the wheel bearing because the RF one was worn unevenly, which was probably causing the vibration.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts