Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this car on April 19, it is a 2010 Accent 1.6L manual transmission. I never drove the car until it showed up at my front door. Now I have a Dodge Ram HEMI and she is fast and powerful I mean really fast, but only gets 12.7 MPGs. So I was not expecting anything special from this car accept for the gas millage. (That’s why I bought it) But WOW I mean when I took off from the start this little car really blew me away. I know I am supposed to take it easy on her for the first 1200 miles. But its tuff this little car really goes. Is anyone else impressed with their little go cart?

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
QUOTE (Tex7738 @ Apr 22 2010, 02:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315603
I just got this car on April 19, it is a 2010 Accent 1.6L manual transmission. I never drove the car until it showed up at my front door. Now I have a Dodge Ram HEMI and she is fast and powerful I mean really fast, but only gets 12.7 MPGs. So I was not expecting anything special from this car accept for the gas millage. (That’s why I bought it) But WOW I mean when I took off from the start this little car really blew me away. I know I am supposed to take it easy on her for the first 1200 miles. But its tuff this little car really goes. Is anyone else impressed with their little go cart?
welcome to the forums :00000732:

well, l've never known anyone compair the accent with a dodge hemi before, so if your happy looks like you've had a great result....good luck with your car

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
i am impressed, i just need to make up for the weight i have put in it. 18" rims and two 12" in the trunk. i tend to surprise other people especially the ones with the extreamly loud mufflers. i have gotten that little car is quick a couple of times :thumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was and still am quite impressed too. This thing takes off. I want better wheels though, at least the se wheels. Another couple months and I'm paid off, then...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yah there's no doubt it's mad fun to drive.

Its definitely as quick and noticeably more rigid than the 89 Integra I used to drive around in.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I like the fact that it'll step up to the hero types. Definately gives other cars in the class a run for their money.

·
Banned
313 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Yes, the Accent is a great little car even with its modest HP.

Here are a couple quotes from Colin Chapman (the founder of the British sports car company Lotus and principal of Team Lotus, which won the Formula 1 World Championship seven times) that fit the Accent:

"To add speed, add lightness."
- Colin Chapman

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere."
- Colin Chapman

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Montego @ Apr 22 2010, 09:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315617
welcome to the forums :00000732:

well, l've never known anyone compair the accent with a dodge hemi before, so if your happy looks like you've had a great result....good luck with your car
I am not comparing my car to my 4x4 HEMI. There is no comparison. I was just trying to explain that I am used to a powerful truck and was expecting to be let down big, and wasn't. The Accent is very fun to drive. The car salesman ask me how much I wanted for my truck as a trade in. I said "give me the car and about 8,000 cash and we have a deal".

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (Tex7738 @ Apr 22 2010, 01:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315680
I am not comparing my car to my 4x4 HEMI. There is no comparison. I was just trying to explain that I am used to a powerful truck and was expecting to be let down big, and wasn't. The Accent is very fun to drive. The car salesman ask me how much I wanted for my truck as a trade in. I said "give me the car and about 8,000 cash and we have a deal".
I know what you mean. My previous car was an AWD 1992 passat with a 1.8t swap. It was fast and had lots of traction. When I got the Accent I was pleasantly surprised. It's not fast but it's quick around town, light and nimble. All I need is 16" light wheels, good tires and stiffer springs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts