Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very happy with my Hyundai Sonata.I am very happy with the fuel mileage.
Being in New England, it handles OK in snow and rain. I don't feel as connected to the road as I have with my past vehicles, when it comes to heavy in-climate weather.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by Linda@Jul 22 2004, 04:38 AM
I am very happy with my Hyundai Sonata.I am very happy with the fuel mileage.
Being in New England, it handles OK in snow and rain. I don't feel as connected to the road as I have with my past vehicles, when it comes to heavy in-climate weather.
[snapback]257[/snapback]​

Hi Linda. What is the fuel mileage like? Some say the car drinks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
:unsure: Hi bothwee,

I also from s'pore and driving 2004 sonata, curious to know your sonata comsumption. My avg 8.5/1L. Did learn more things about cars from this forums.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just a point on petrol/gas per mph. i get around 33-37, on 1 gallon of fuel and that is just running local.SONATA 2OOO GLX 1995. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm really happy with mine too. I don't know why everyone says these cars don't get good gas mileage....I have the 2.7L V-6 and get over 24-27 mpg consistently with 50/50 city/highway driving. Trust me, this is the best MPG I've ever had because to I definitely don't try to save gas by taking off slow!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just got a 2005 sonata LX. I love the car but the gas mileage is only about 20mpg. I only have 600 miles on the car and I hope it improves.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I live in boston so heck i am happy when i get above 24 ....but mine is a 2000 .on long highway trips i get 25-26 .

it has never given more but i live 2 miles from work and use the remote start and in summer i ride my motorcycle everyday at 50 mph thats a bargain.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Originally posted by PHARMBOY@Mar 25 2005, 03:29 PM
Just got a 2005 sonata LX. I love the car but the gas mileage is only about 20mpg. I only have 600 miles on the car and I hope it improves.
[snapback]9485[/snapback]​

the MPG can not be determined untill the engine is broken in (about 3,000 miles, untill the first oil change)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2004 base Sonata, 4 cylinder automatic, with 8000 miles. In town and mixed driving is about 24-27 mpg, and 30 mpg on highway (75-80 mph).

This is quite good for a car of it's size and weight. I have a 2001 Prizm (Toyota Corolla clone) that is smaller and gets slightly better mileage.

Have owned this car since October and so far am pleased with it. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts