Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m always a sucker for a new gadget. And last week I got a new toy in the form of the Soliom G1 380° dual dash cam. I thought I would share my experience here.

The dash cam features two independently cameras. it can record the road and inside the car simultaneously, I believe it would be very helpful for protective purposes for Uber or taxi drivers. Each camera with a wide 190-degree perspective. With this wide angle, you will be sure to catch all of the action that is happening in front or inside your car as you drive. The Soliom g1 has a Sony Exmor 1080p camera, and it does an excellent job of capturing high definition video. it capturing a 190° wide-angle image in 1080p at 30 frames per second. It works in various lighting conditions, and does a pretty good job of capturing video driving directly into sunlight, But It does not perform well in low-light, night driving conditions.

It is super easy to use. The mount is suction , making it easy to remove and place the camera. It can support for microSD cards up to 128 GB in size, It will automatically detect collisions and save those video files for later so you don’t lose them. The 1.5 inch screen is nice and clear, and the LCD can be set to automatically switch off after a set period to save energy. There’s no GPS or Wi-Fi connectivity, but a G-sensor allows for automatic crash detection . If the G-sensor is triggered, the dash cam will automatically lock videos giving you a record of the incident for use in insurance claims.

Hardware specs
Recording Resolution: 1080P (60FPS or 30FPS)
Imaging Sensor: Sony Exmor
Display Size: 1.5″ LCD
View Angle (F.O.V.): 190°+190°
Max. Capacity of microSD card: 128GB microSD
Batteries Included: 300mAh Li-ion battery embedded
Automatic Incident Detection (G-Sensor): Yes
Loop-Cycle Recording: Yes
Integrated Microphone: Yes
Dimensions: (H x W x D) 4.7” x 1.6” x 2.2”

Here’s some sample video from the soliom g1 camera,

What I Like
-Dual dash cam with 190-degree wide-angle lens
-Compact design
-Good quality recording
-Motion detector

What I Don't Like
-Not so good in low light at night
-No wifi and no app
-Memory card not included

What's in the box:
SOLIOM G1 Dual Dash Camera
G1 Dual Dash Camera Use Manual
Suction Cup Mount
Car Charger
USB Data Cable
Reset PIN
Car Reader

Overall the I really liked the video display and its size, and the video quality from this camera was pretty good. If you're looking for the best budget dash cam, try the Soliom G1 dash cam.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts