Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching these cars for as long as the first spy shots came out of Korea and I see Hyundai's website lists the Motorola Droid as a compatible phone, but what about the HTC Droid Incredible or the Motorola Droid X? Has anyone had any luck with either of these two.

I'm in the fortunate position to be getting a car and a new cell phone at the same time, and what I get obviously depends on what works with my soon-to-be Sonata.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Someone here may be using that phone and be able to tell you exactly.

In the interim, though, you might find one of the people at your local Hyundai dealer either has, or has attempted to connect, that phone to a Sonata.

I know at my local dealer there is one "tech" who is their "bluetooth" guy who the rest of the salesman refer to when a question like this arises.

Worth a try, I would think.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have the Droid and it works perfectly........

Droid X might be a bit new but you could get your sonata and go to verizon and ask them to pair either of the models you are interested in,,, that might be the best if no one here has one of them working.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have both 2011 Sonata and DroidX love both...yes here comes the but...after syncing my droidX with the car's bluetooth I do NOT get the notification from cars Bluetooth for incoming calls, I can make calls perfectly with the bluetooth's voice command but trying NOT to miss an incoming call is not fun at all....need to take my car in tomorrow for it's first "service" check so maybe I should find someone that can help? Unless someone on this forum can help me out!

·
Registered
7 Posts
My replacement X came back yesterday, and I've noticed a problem.

Whenever I try to make a call with name dial, it says "Pardon" each time. It has no trouble with the Blackberry Bold 9000 I've upgraded from or the iPhone 2G that work issued me. If I start the call on the phone, it does fine, but shows the numbers instead of the name.

·
Banned
630 Posts
no problems here with my htc incredible.....bluetooth streaming works great too!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just got my Droid X last week and the only problem I'm having so far is using the USB port. When I plug it in it runs in a continuous loop with trying to charge. Apparently, it doesn't work with this car's USB port. Other than that it works great and far better than my iPhone with voice commands...

·
Registered
10 Posts
my incredible works fine as well. i just leave the bluetooth function on my phone and whenever i enter the car it takes a minute or two but it automatically gets paired up.

i wouldnt stream music since it doesnt sound as good as wired connection but for streaming podcasts using Google Listen its great.

·
Registered
117 Posts
QUOTE (legacy @ Aug 17 2010, 01:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349960
My Evo works perfectly.
I found this older post. My company is looking at switching cell providers and going with Sprint. I currently have an iphone which I tested with the Sonata and worked great. When you say the Evo works perfectly, are you referring to connecting through USB and using Bluetooth? Do playlists, track names show as they are supposed to? Does your contact list download to the Sonata? Thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a droid X, and when I use the USB cable, it whacks out the phone. It keeps reconnecting every couple minutes. I solved the problem by getting a cigarette lighter charger and just streaming audio through the bluetooth.

·
Registered
96 Posts
QUOTE (legacy @ Aug 17 2010, 09:48 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349960
My Evo works perfectly.
My EVO 4G works only if I don't authorize contact sync. If I do, everything becomes really slow on the phone, bluetooth connection is lost, phone app is nonresponsive. This is consistend during a 1 1/2 hour drive from where I picked up the car. I really hope I can get address book synced =\

·
Registered
7 Posts
QUOTE (Naich @ Nov 3 2010, 08:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368802
I have a droid X, and when I use the USB cable, it whacks out the phone. It keeps reconnecting every couple minutes. I solved the problem by getting a cigarette lighter charger and just streaming audio through the bluetooth.
This is the exact same thing that happens to me using the Incredible with Skyraider 3.5. The usb whacks the phone and it reboots itself, but the bluetooth streaming works great. Also I have a 64gb usb dongle that i keep my music on for the mp3s so I just use the phone for Pandora, Podcasts, etc.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts