Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the latest issue of Motor Trend. Comparison test between the Veracruz and the Lexus RX350. Believe it or not, the Veracruz wins!!!! It's about time. I figured even if the Veracruz was better, that the Lexus would have still won since Toyota pays off the car mags.

·
Registered
337 Posts
It might not be online yet.

Unfortunately, it's one of MT's more wishy-washy comparisons. They don't take a strong stand either way. They basically say that the Veracruz is nearly as good as the Lexus, and offers a third row, for a lower price. But if you want to buy the Lexus, you'll be happy with it.

For example, when talking about the interiors:

"The Hyundai uses components of nearly equal quality, assembled almost as well."

The Lexus is an aging design, and one that enthusiasts don't think much of, anyway. I'd rather see a comparison test with the CX-9 and MDX.

·
Registered
337 Posts
And the OP thought Toyota was the one paying off the mags!

Hyundai had to pay to post the magazine on its site this way. Suddenly the "Comparo Shock! Hyundai Beats Lexus" at the top of the cover makes sense. When I first got the magazine I wondered why the article itself undelivered on the promised shock.

I'm not saying that Hyundai influenced the test. Much more likely, MT ran the test and saw a revenue opportunity. If they added the cover blurb, they probably knew Hyundai would buy the rights to the PDF. There's also a good chance you'll find reprints at Hyundai dealers.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Originally posted by mkaresh@Jun 12 2007, 10:22 AM

I'm not saying that Hyundai influenced the test. Much more likely, MT ran the test and saw a revenue opportunity. If they added the cover blurb, they probably knew Hyundai would buy the rights to the PDF. There's also a good chance you'll find reprints at Hyundai dealers.
[snapback]92286[/snapback]​

then what are you saying?'
if the dealers had a copy that would be a good idea
if you were selling anything and a top rated mag did an artical
that gave it rave reviews , you wouldnt show it to prospective buyers?
come on. its a good truck just face it

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm saying that if anyone influenced the outcome of this test that it was Hyundai and not Toyota. But I doubt there was any direct influence.

Indirect is more likely, but I'm not even saying this was probably the case. But just think about this: If the Lexus had one, would Lexus have paid for reprint rights? Highly unlikely, because they aren't going to want people to even know that a Hyundai worth comparing to the Lexus exists.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The dealership already has a custom printed piece featuring the full article. They had a stack of them laying around in the customer lounge. Which by the way, has a big flat screen TV, drink machine, Starbucks coffee, cookies/muffins, bottled water, etc. I was pretty impressed. It was a brand new showroom though. Also, so far the customer service has been better than any other car I've owned. Including the Land Rover dealership.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My wife had a 2001 RX 3000 up until 2009. She loved that car and so did I. When I bought a 2008 Veracruz a few months ago, she said that the Hyundai was large. After driving by herself a few times to bible study, she now comments how smooth it rides, and how fast it is. Ok, I got the Veracruz for 13500 with only 70K miles. A Rx 300/350 is NOWHERE NEAR that price range for the year and miles.
The fact that the Veracruz is even being seriously compared to a Lexus is an automatic win.
And personally, besides the crappy mpg, there is nothing I do not like about this car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had my 2007 Vera Cruz SE for 7 years and 100,000 miles, never had a problem other than recall. Hyundai stop making them so I traded in on 2014 Kia Sorento I hope its as good. It is the same company anyway

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had my 2007 Vera Cruz SE for 7 years and 100,000 miles, never had a problem other than recall. Hyundai stop making them so I traded in on 2014 Kia Sorento I hope its as good. It is the same company anyway
I also had a Lexus RX300,for 6 years & loved it everyday & it had 242,000.
Traded it in and bought a used 2014 Kia Sorento, it was ok, but nothing like the RX300.
Just sold the Kia Sorenta, had for a year, and bought a 2008 Veracruz yesterday.
It reminds me of my RX300 and I'm loving it. One owner w/135K super clean.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts