Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an inherited '11 Veracruz Limited and am having some intermittent troubles I'm trying to figure out.

As background, oil consumption is higher than expected, and there have been a couple instances of low coolant as well, without observable leaks of either. My guess is the oil may be burning off, not as sure about the coolant, except that it's not a blown head gasket and leaking into the oil. Don't know the mileage off the top of my head, I think it's around 180k though.

More "immediate" issue is that while driving, it seems like the engine is sporadically and just momentarily losing some power, then it comes back right away, almost like a cylinder or two that just didn't fire.

Had codes read a couple times now, relevant ones seem to be:
P2183 - Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
P2106 - Electronic Throttle Control System Forced Limited Power
(there are codes for ABS sensors and Air Bag voltage I did not list)

My initial thought is to replace the gas pedal assembly, but I'm not sure what other ignition management sensors could be involved and suspect. I don't think it as likely the culprit, but I don't know if/when the plugs/wires were last or ever replaced, and might not be a bad thing to do/check just because.

Any help is appreciated since it's the only vehicle that fits the whole family and my wife is starting to freak out more frequently!

Jerry

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
It sounds like a head gasket issue???
Burning motor oil and loss of coolant without any sign of leaks
Maybe someone else would know better

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like a head gasket issue???
Burning motor oil and loss of coolant without any sign of leaks
Maybe someone else would know better
I guess it could be a head gasket if both oil and coolant are passing into a cylinder. But I’ve checked the oil a number of times now (besides changing it) and there’s no sign of coolant mixing into it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is only my opinion.
I could be wrong.
Could test the cooling system for exhaust gases??
That's one option I've come across, don't know offhand where to go to get that done. But first I've gotten advice on checking the intake manifold vacuum (can't check compression without having to remove intake manifold at a minimum).

As far as the codes, I ordered a new accelerator pedal assembly but still plan to check resistance on both the current one, as well as the Throttle Position Sensor as soon as I have a chance to.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Okay, if the oil is burning.
And coolant is evaporating.

Then, we concentrate on the DTC.
It would seem that there is an intermittent issue
Could be electronics or wiring to blame??

I am sorry that I am not really helping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts