Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

I own a 2012 Veracruz. Lately I have had passenger side headlight enclosure fogging and condensation which never happened before. And for longer than that, I have has rear tail light fogging. Dunno if it's a complete leak or poor seal.
How hard is it to remove the headlight assembly on a Veracruz? How about a tail light assembly? A couple of YouTubers have posted videos and it does not look like a 10-minute job. If it's too involved I might have to bite the bullet and get the dealer to do it...and I fully expect that to be $$$$.

All lights are fully functional.

Advice?

Peter

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Hi -

I own a 2012 Veracruz. Lately I have had passenger side headlight enclosure fogging and condensation which never happened before. And for longer than that, I have has rear tail light fogging. Dunno if it's a complete leak or poor seal.
How hard is it to remove the headlight assembly on a Veracruz? How about a tail light assembly? A couple of YouTubers have posted videos and it does not look like a 10-minute job. If it's too involved I might have to bite the bullet and get the dealer to do it...and I fully expect that to be $$$$.

All lights are fully functional.

Advice?

Peter
There's a vent (tube) on the headlight assembly. Clear it.

·
Registered
8,184 Posts
Yes none of the headlights or tail lights are sealed completely. The tail lights are generally just open somewhere and if they are fogging up they may be leaking at the seams letting water in. But the headlights all have a rubber tube, usually a 90* one, for a vent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts