Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took the GALACTIC GRAY for a 27 mile trip of mixed driving . There were 11 stops with speeds up to 67 . The 60/40 round trip was with 2 people ,a temp of 42 degrees and tire pressure of 36 . The Display showed 37 m.p.g. overall . That likely means 33 or 34 m.p.g for real gas mileage when calculated . I'm thinking this due to our experience with our '18 ACCENT and its difference up to 4 M.P.G. from the dash reading . Click on Fuelly banner for gas mileage details of the ACCENT sedan . The ride and handling were very good with a tight turning radius . There was minimal cabin / road noise . There's plenty of leg / head room for front and back . Did hear some lower interior buzzing of plastics (?) on occasion . The heat was very hot with good air flow without blower . Did notice there are no holes in the cowl for drainage , only the venting and where holes are for base of the the wiper arms . Hopefully that won't be an issue . The new engine and C.V.T. gave plenty of pickup along with very little sound into the interior at cruising speed . The C.V.T. was smooth and acts like that of a 6 speed automatic . The new engine uses a oil filter cartridge . This also applies to the '20 ACCENT and both '20 KIA Rios' ( hatch + sedan ) . Here are some pictures .
IMG_3683.JPG
IMG_3682.JPG
IMG_3688.JPG
IMG_3687.JPG
IMG_3691.JPG
IMG_3685.JPG
IMG_3684.JPG
IMG_3680.JPG
IMG_3681.JPG
IMG_3689.JPG

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Almost forgot to post the oil filter cartridge housing . This is from a '20 RIO hatch . The '20 VENUE likely has the same housing . I did see it on the VENUE , but the pictures didn't turn out . I did call Hyundai and KIA parts for verification . Was told by both it shows a cartridge in their system . :(
IMG_3717.JPG
IMG_3716.JPG
IMG_3714.JPG

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks for the review!

Did you notice if there was a dome light? I took possession of my Venue SE on Saturday (four days ago) and just noticed that there isn't a light that goes on when you open the door! There are little lights under the visors that you can turn on manually, but nothing that goes on automatically or that illuminates the entire cabin. What's up with that?

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
The only negative of the cartride filter is it cost more and takes longer to change. They went to them for environmental reasons. Nice car but I get scared with CVT having seen many very expensive repairs at an early age.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Don't let the oil filter turn you off because you won't be buying a new cars in a few short years. I read the article and yes it has a few valid points for young players but really at this stage any tradesperson has changed heaps so it's become less of a problem. I would say witht some dealerships a new mechanic may have never replaced a canister oil filter like a set of points. The trade moves fast now days. CVT yea there's still room for improvement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts