Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I heard a high-pitch noise/squeal coming from the vehicle and after some searching, figured out it was from the ventilation fan. It went away after 5 mins of being on but is rather annoying.

Anyone had this before?

Not too keen to take it in as I'm sure the dashboard will need to be removed and afraid it won't go back in perfectly :(

·
Registered
759 Posts
just make sure that your vent "open/closed" knob on the front four vents aren't JUST barley open - either have them fully opened, or closed. If one or more of the vents are closes enough that's it's just barely letting any air through, it could cause some squealing.

Other then that - can't think of what else it would be... not an issue that anyone's else had had on these forums since I joined in Feb (that I remember anyway...)

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
First time I hear of this problem on this forum. But, you know, I remember a Highlander owner complaining of the same issue, and it was a leaf caught in the blower housing and it got jammed next to the rotating drum fan (whatever it is called) and the fan rubbing on the dry leaf caused a squeal. Eventually it came free and stopped. Otherwise, only thing I can think of is a defective motor or bearings in the blower assembly. Hopefully it's the former.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vents are all open and even at full blast I heard the squeal but funny thing is today I didn't hear it at all. I'll have to keep my ears tuned and hopefully it won't come back.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0t limited
269 Posts
Vents are all open and even at full blast I heard the squeal but funny thing is today I didn't hear it at all. I'll have to keep my ears tuned and hopefully it won't come back.
Welcome to the club...:00000732:

I never found out what is causing that.

Dealer barely admitted to noise is there, they replaced the Blower but still there.

Try enabling the Recirculation (Should stop doing it and do it again when OFF)

And pay attention when there is strong wind coming in front of the car... you can hear the noise getting stronger... The noise is stronger at high speed too

Let me know if you find something...

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a noise coming from our HVAC. When moving around the car, it appears to be coming from the front passenger footwell area. When I have the fan on one of the lower settings (ie. 1 - 3) I can hear it over my music, not b/c its loud, but b/c its a different pitch/frequency. When I turn the fan on high or full-blast, or off completely the sounds vanishes.

When I have time over the holidays, I'll be scouring the car to find the source because EXTREMELY annoying - exponentially worse the the dash rattle.

·
2,258 Posts
I have a noise coming from our HVAC. When moving around the car, it appears to be coming from the front passenger footwell area. When I have the fan on one of the lower settings (ie. 1 - 3) I can hear it over my music, not b/c its loud, but b/c its a different pitch/frequency. When I turn the fan on high or full-blast, or off completely the sounds vanishes.

When I have time over the holidays, I'll be scouring the car to find the source because EXTREMELY annoying - exponentially worse the the dash rattle.
does it sound like a motion squeak, or an electrical high pitched noise?

when on the low fan speed, your resister is actually working its hardest. when your fan is on high, thats the full 12volts powering the fan. so it might be the common blower fan resister going bye-bye.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Has anyone figured out a fix for this, still having the issue. It only did it when it was cold but not it is all the time even after the car is warmed up. Could this be a failing blower motor?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts