Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I used the ventilated seat feature for the first time. It was about 90 degrees outside. They worked far better than I expected. Pretty cool feature. :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
I tend to forget them!!

Wish yu didn't have to turn them on each time you start the car. Would be good to be able to set them on for the summer, and use the heated setting all winter.

·
Registered
410 Posts
My Avalon had the ventilated seats too and initially thought it was just a gimmick but after using them on a hot day I was very surprised how much difference they made on a long drive. Am a regular user now in my Azera.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is there any way to test if the ventilated seats are working properly? It feels like mine are much worse now.

I subjectively remember when I first got a car and turned them on, I would feel a nice cold breeze under my legs. Now I barely feel the seat is getting cooler.

I'd hate to take it to the dealer with just this.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The difference might be due to the temperature in the car.

Our seats are "cooled" not "air conditioned". There is a fan that circulates air through the holes in the seats.

In cold weather, this air will likely be cooler than it is now, due to the higher summer temperatures.

The heated seat feature is generated by coils in the seats, so it actually generates heat that you'll feel.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
quote=aydu;1296741]The difference might be due to the temperature in the car.

Our seats are "cooled" not "air conditioned". There is a fan that circulates air through the holes in the seats.

In cold weather, this air will likely be cooler than it is now, due to the higher summer temperatures.

The heated seat feature is generated by coils in the seats, so it actually generates heat that you'll feel.[/quote]

I believe the Azera might be using a uses a electronic device called PELTIER module to cool the seats. To see how this neat item works look up Thermoelectric cooling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .

·
Registered
43 Posts
I can confirm that the Azera has ventilated but not air conditioned seats, all it does as previously stated is circulate air from under the seat.

·
Registered
550 Posts
All I can say is it was one hot day here in Cincinnati. I had my car in the parking lot all day closed up. When I got in it tonight it was hot. A few minutes later I turned on the air and including the seats. Wow, didn't want to get out to go in the house.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Same here in Illinois - hot and sticky.

The ventilated seats were a big selling point for us.

My wife loves leather interior in cars. I prefer cloth and find leather to be hot in the summer and cold in the winter. The cooled seats make a big difference for me and are more important than the heat to me. Having both added to the factors that made the Azera right car for us.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I don't know what generates the air to the seats but, I will say the air is cooled some how some way. It's not just something pumping plain old air. You definately know they are on.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Problem solved on cold air cooling
This is a quote from service manual
"Using the blowing power of FAN on seat, remove the moisture, sweat and warmth from occupants and surface of seats.
It inhales the indoor air through the blower installed at the seat cushion lower part, and supplies the air into the seat cushion and the seat back through the duct.
It sends a slight air throughout the seat surface through the air channel set up at seat cushion and seat back."

No cooling system other then air.................

·
Registered
472 Posts
Problem solved on cold air cooling
This is a quote from service manual
"Using the blowing power of FAN on seat, remove the moisture, sweat and warmth from occupants and surface of seats.
It inhales the indoor air through the blower installed at the seat cushion lower part, and supplies the air into the seat cushion and the seat back through the duct.
It sends a slight air throughout the seat surface through the air channel set up at seat cushion and seat back."

No cooling system other then air.................
So then if this is the case when you have the A/C on you will get cool air. If you do not you will get whatever air is in the car, warm I would assume.

Thanks!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think the issue the op stated was that the air didn't seem as cool as when he bought the car.

Ambient temperature in the car has probably changed with the season. When starting the car up, you'll get whatever air temp is in the car, until the a/c or heat kicks in.

I got my Azera before the warmer weather kicked in and find that the vents in the seats do a pretty good job of keeping you comfortable. Leather can get hot in the summer and the vents offset this pretty well - certainly better than any other leather seats I've had.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The ventilated seats in the Azera work much better than the ones I had in previous car (Lincoln). The Azera seems to be just the right amount of air where the Lincoln had three setting as well, their's were way too much, too much and not nearly enough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there a way to have the ventilated seat installed on the azera that is not the tech pkg?? It only has heating and I live in Puerto Rico... makes no sense to have heating on a seat where it's always hot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice pun

Today, I used the ventilated seat feature for the first time. It was about 90 degrees outside. They worked far better than I expected. Pretty cool feature. :D
Come on - the original poster said the ventilated seats are "pretty cool" and everyone let it go. Nice pun!

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Here it is December 20th and I used mine today. It was over 87 degrees inside my locked vehicle this afternoon. I started it up and turned on the ventilated seat while it was 80 degrees outside. I can't see why anyone lives north of Orlando right now.

Enjoy winter everyone!!

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Here it is December 20th and I used mine today. It was over 87 degrees inside my locked vehicle this afternoon. I started it up and turned on the ventilated seat while it was 80 degrees outside. I can't see why anyone lives north of Orlando right now.

Enjoy winter everyone!!
I love Florida but never year round. Enjoy the changes of seasons.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts