Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a major issue or big deal, but I notice that when I have floor vent only on, there is some flow of air
through the main face level dash vents. Not a strong flow, but a flow...

Our previous pos 2003 Honda CR-V had the same situ, but I thought it was just that 3rd world car.

Fwiw, our '01 BMW X5 and '02 Vette do not exhibit the same effect.

When summer was on here and we had A/C or ambient outside temp air on, it wasn't really noticeable;
now, with barely low 40s in the morning here at elevation, it is quite noticeable.
No biggie, just wondering.
BR, mD

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
40 degs F, foggy and damp here today, so I fiddled with the vent system while going down the Mtn to get the
Sunday papers. It seems like one has to turn off the mid level dash vents to prevent air flow from rolling out
of those other vents, while only the floor vent(s) is selected...sort of like our ol' pos CR-V.

I suspect a weakazz damper system in the vent routing...

Anyone else notice this, or seem "normal" to you?
BR, mD

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I noticed this on my old and new Santa Fe as well as my mom's 2002 Lexus RX300. It's annoying, yes, but I've learned to live with it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
You will notice that even with your hvac in the off mode, this will be the case. Also, it should only be while the car is in motion that you notice it. If you come to a stoplight, place your hand on the vent. You should not feel air coming through, even though your fan is driving air out the bottom. Two solutions that I know of: (1) do what you already did with the dials to manually shut off air flow; (2) press the recirc button. The only downside to the recirc is that your air will get a bit more moist, which will cause your windows to fog up a little easier.

I have noticed this on several cars of mine in the past, but I really couldn't tell you which ones. The only time I would be truly annoyed is if I had a car that DIDN"T have the complete on/off control dial on each vent, such as most GM's that I have owned in previous years. (Don't flame me; they may have changed that by now and I simply don't know it because I haven't shopped one in a long time!)

Hope this helps.

tim B)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Timmy, et al...thanks.
I knew the drill, I was just surprised that the Tuck has the same quirk our old 3rd World Honda CR-V had.
As I wrote, our '01 X5 and our '02 Vette have better damper systems: the only air coming out of a certain
vent "level", is the one the HVAC is set to. No biggie, it's the CEO's and she like it.
BR, mD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.