Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've done some searching and it seems like the threads always die out before anyone gets a definite answer...

I am looking at these springs for the Veloster:
https://www.roadmagnet.com/products-by-make/hyundai/hyundai-veloster

I've never heard of this brand, but they are the only company that gives the spring rates, which is awesome. They are also 1.6" drop, which is almost what I want. I think a 2" - 2.25" drop would be ideal, but I can't find anything like that for these cars. Are the Accent springs interchangeable with Veloster ones?

I am going to be purchasing lowering springs next month because I feel like I am driving a monster truck every time I get into the Accent! hahaha :p

edit: I sent this company an email, I will post back if they respond.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This won't work. You might be able to physically fit the springs inside the perch, but Veloster is heavier than our cars. Even if the lowering springs are shorter than the regular springs, your car would look like a 4x4.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This won't work. You might be able to physically fit the springs inside the perch, but Veloster is heavier than our cars. Even if the lowering springs are shorter than the regular springs, your car would look like a 4x4.
It already looks like a 4x4... :mad:

More companies need to start making some springs for the Accent. It is an awesome little car, it just needs to be WAY lower! The current springs I've found have only been like a 1.2" drop, which is not nearly enough.

·
Registered
683 Posts
If I drop my Accent 2" I would every pebble and dead critter on the back roads I drive every day. I think the car is just the right height to be safe, any lower and damage risk factor like quadrouples. People are already commenting about scrapping bumper on parking blocks, curbs, and speed bumps. IMHO.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I slammed my bumper onto a major dip in a construction area the first month i got it. I have never gotten close to scraping it ever since. I definitely think this car is lower than standard sedans, but i think most of it is in the driver's head and driving. I bet more people with lower cars would do less damamge because they have it in their subconcious that they know any bump will devastate their bumper.

I'll let you once i drop my Accent :)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I drop my Accent 2" I would every pebble and dead critter on the back roads I drive every day. I think the car is just the right height to be safe, any lower and damage risk factor like quadrouples. People are already commenting about scrapping bumper on parking blocks, curbs, and speed bumps. IMHO.
That's fine, keep your car stock then. I've never owned a car that wasn't either already super low or lowered:

2" drop on my 91 Honda CRX Si

1.5" drop on my 08 Accent (it wasn't nearly enough of a drop)

2.25" drop on my 07 Civic Si

And my 2013 Scion FRS... Had to get rid of it before I got could drop it, but I never scraped and it was was way lower than the Accent.

I've never had a problem with lowered cars. Every car I've ever owned has been pretty low. I don't see how people can scrape this car - it is really high. It's all about how you drive it. I also live in Ohio through winters and some of the worst roads ever and it just has never been a problem.

I slammed my bumper onto a major dip in a construction area the first month i got it. I have never gotten close to scraping it ever since. I definitely think this car is lower than standard sedans, but i think most of it is in the driver's head and driving. I bet more people with lower cars would do less damamge because they have it in their subconcious that they know any bump will devastate their bumper.

I'll let you once i drop my Accent :)
I'm am following your coilover thread, I'm really excited to see those coils on your car! If you can show a 2" (or more!) drop I'd be in your debt forever!

·
Registered
175 Posts
the '13 FRS's bumper looks even lower than the '07 Civic with a 2.25" drop haha

I will be dropping it down to the fender for you :)

I dont know if i will stick with it dropped that low, but i think it will be worth it to try

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the '13 FRS's bumper looks even lower than the '07 Civic with a 2.25" drop haha

I will be dropping it down to the fender for you :)

I dont know if i will stick with it dropped that low, but i think it will be worth it to try
Yeah, that was probably the lowest car I have owned. I was planning on dropping it about 1.5", but life happened and I had to trade it in for the Accent. I'm stoked to see how cool the Accent looks with it tucking a but of tire! If you like those coils I will definitely be buying a set.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Id say get them h&r sport spring for the rio, check their website catalog...no rb accent no problem, get the one for its 'twin' :)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Id say get them h&r sport spring for the rio, check their website catalog...no rb accent no problem, get the one for its 'twin' :)
Yeah, I've looked at those... Only a 1.25" drop though, which is barely anything. It looks like I am going to have to do it with coilovers to get the 2" drop that I want. I went out and measured the wheelgap it is almost exactly 2", so if I can drop it 2.25" with coilovers it would look pretty much boss. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts