Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hyundai Tucson 2007 CRDi
Diesel Engine

Issue - Fuel pressure monitoring malfunctioning
Code - P1181

When im driving in a normal way, if tried to overtake a vehicle by pushing the accelerator and when the RPM comes to 3000 vehicle died and the check engine lights are on. Have to wait few seconds to start the vehicle again.
It happens only in sudden acceleration.

Things i have replaced

1. High pressure fuel pump
2. Cam shaft positioning sensor
3. Crankshaft positioning sensor
4. Common rail, rail sensor, regulator

But still problem is there.
Please check the scanner video which i have attached. At the end of the video you will see

I need help
Can anyone please help me?

Registered
There is no video attached. What is your fuel rail pressure when the fault occurs

Registered
I can only think of 2 things. You already changed the HP fuel pump, regulator and sensor, Maybe the cam that it runs on is worn out, or the LP fuel pump, and .or filter is bad. I am not sure where the LP pressure can be tested.
What scanner are you using? it showes more info than mine would.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Ok petersen.
I will keep posting if i found a solution.
I will try to change the LP pump also.
But can you please explain how LP pump will link to this problem?
The problem occurs when RPM is 3000 +

Im using Launcher scanner

Registered
If the lp pump either doesn't provide enough fuel to the HP pump, or is cutting out, you will not get enough pressure. How many miles on the engine?
Which model of launch scanner?

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Ok yes it might happen.
Engine is 148,891 KM old.
But this problem occurs with the clutch problem. We able to resolve the clutch problen but this one is still there and im still running the vehicle slowly for short runs.

Im using Launch Scanner -X-431PRO

Registered
It would be surprising for the cam to be worn enough to cause the HP fuel pump to have low pressure, but not out of the question, I wonder if there is a spec on the amount of lift for that lobe? I would find a way to measure the low pressure fuel pump pressure when this is happening, rather than replacing it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your suggestions Peterson.
I will check the things you have suggest me and few things tomorrow as well.
I will keep you informed the progress 馃槉

Hope you are safe from this Pandemic.
Stay safe & healthy

Registered
I am home, looking for things to do without going out, We go shopping once a week, and I go to work, other than that, we stay home for now.
Your scanner may also display the "other" fuel pressure, I have seen a scanner that displays that on a GDI engine(like a diesel, but gas). Your scanner is very good, I have the Launch 9081, it only does 1/2 of what yours does.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Peterson
Hope you are doing well!

Finally, we found the problem with Tucson 2007.
The Diesel filter is the culprit.
I have changed a few filters but the problem was the same then I changed the genuine filter then the problem vanished.
Thank you so much :):)

Registered
That's great! I'm glad it's working properly. Thanks for sharing, it'll help the next person!

Reactions: Shamil1
1 - 13 of 13 Posts