Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For many years lithium complex and white lithium grease have been used to lubricate vehicle door hinges and indeed hinges generally on a vehicle.

Both types of grease are excellent lubricants, however they attract dirt and even if applied by a small brush or spray can they may not fully penetrate the required contact area unless the hinge is fully disassembled and even after cleaning the excess grease off, dirt will still accumulate around the area.

So what does one use to answer the above issues? Silicone spray will lubricate but still attract dirt and may affect paint work in relation to paint repairs, perhaps a dry PTFE spray lubricant would be best.

I contacted my local Hyundai and they stated that they use a dry Teflon type lube. I would welcome any feedback on this issue.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I actually just saw that WD40 makes a dry lubricant PTFE on Amazon. I may pick it up and see how it performs. I am always cleaning the inside of my sills etc. It's a big difference from a greasy dirty hinge area to a clean one. It's where your eyesight goes when you get into the vehicle

1 - 2 of 2 Posts