Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Sonata SE with a check engine light the malfunction code calls out the Variable valve timing solenoid intake side and for the life I me I cannot locate it. No manual on this model yet that I can find and youtube doesn't help either because they use older models. If anyone can help me locate it I would appreciate it. Thank you.

·
Registered
2017 Sonata 2.4GDI Limited, Tech Package, 32,000 miles
1,081 Posts
I believe the pic shows the oil valve connector on my 2017 - front right corner of intake manifold on DS with 3 wires (one red) . Someone else should confirm.

If yours is the same it's much harder to remove than the exhaust side.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Sonata 2.4GDI Limited, Tech Package, 32,000 miles
1,081 Posts
It's usually at timing chain side. Seems like on the back passenger side of the engine
I think there's two, one on intake (my picture) and one on exhaust (your picture)?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I have a 2015 Sonata SE with a check engine light the malfunction code calls out the Variable valve timing solenoid intake side and for the life I me I cannot locate it. No manual on this model yet that I can find and youtube doesn't help either because they use older models. If anyone can help me locate it I would appreciate it. Thank you.

What is the DTC that was recovered during scan...

Can I venture it is P001000 ???

Pic up above denotes "cam Position"

Lets get some more info here.. the guessing by everybody is killing me.. poor fella wont know what to do...

Maybe we can find a real Hyundai Tech that might pop in and give better answer ??

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
It's usually at timing chain side. Seems like on the back passenger side of the engine

That be adjacent to exhaust cam... I would call that an Oil Control Valve for the exhaust cam time

Fella stated "intake"...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts