Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I am pretty new to Hyundai as a whole and my wife has a '16 Elantra 1.8l. I was wondering if I could upgrade the stereo to the limited stereo that has bluetooth and all of that? I am not sure if the harnesses are the same and it's as easy as plug and play? The same goes for the steering wheel controls (vol +/-, ect).

Any help would be awesome.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
we had 2 2016 value eds. i installed pioneer in both, avc-8200nex, and avh-4400nex. the 8200 had nav, and wired aa/carplay. the 4400 did not have nav, but it did have wireless aa/carplay. i used waze/google maps, which were vastly superior to the pioneer factory nav. the wireless aa/carplay is way better than the hyundai wireless(we now have 2020 sonata/2021 elantra). you can get the whole shebang from crutchfield, radio, wiring harness, steering control module, and faceplates. if you look around, you can find the individual parts cheaper, but the support from crutchfield is well worth it. the wiring harness is connected to the radio, and it has the factory connectors. once the harness is connected to the radio, it is plug and play. you remove the old radio, plug in the new, and away you go. after installing, my wife, who has excellent hearing, asked if i also changed out the speakers, because it now sounded so good. i did not. the old radio just could not power the factory speakers good enough. wireless carplay meant she could keep her phone in her purse, and it would instantly connect. you can also go mirrorphone, which i did, but at that time, it was not wireless, and i did not keep it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts