Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I just got a vacuum/boost gauge for my turbo sonata and I hooked it up to 3 different vacuum lines and got one that read boost only and one that read vacuum only but not both like it's supposed to. Is there another vacuum line that I'm missing? To those that have working boost gauges, what vacuum line did you use?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I will try that ASAP. I would never have seen that hose before, I was almost gonna drill a hole in the intake manifold and screw in a fitting but this way seems much better... Thanks again

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here's how I have mines hooked up
Post #51

boost gauge - DIY: In-Dash Boost Gauge - Page 6
this link is dead.

i have a 2012 sonata turbo

i'm looking to tap into a line for my boost gauge (vacuum and boost)
any pictures of a good place to T off of would be would be greatly appreciated.
i've been hunting around the forums (optima and gencoupe too), but not finding anything. i read left of the intake manifold etc... but i really need a visual from the sonata, if someone has one.

thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Use this fitting, it's the best way to add a boost gauge.

Vacuum Distribution Block
I owe you one!

I'm sooo lazy and seeing that this is being produced just made my day and gave me hope for the future. -- bought it

2 questions, not sure if you can answer them? i'm assuming you have the distribution block as well.

1) the image looks like it comes with 2 nipples and what looks to be 1 screw with a small orange o-ring. does that screw close off one the 2 outputs. that's what i'd need to do, so i'm hoping that is the case...

2) what size tube should i use (I/D) to match up to those fittings?

didn't see answers to those in the product description or install doc :/

·
Registered
413 Posts
I owe you one!

I'm sooo lazy and seeing that this is being produced just made my day and gave me hope for the future. -- bought it

2 questions, not sure if you can answer them? i'm assuming you have the distribution block as well.

1) the image looks like it comes with 2 nipples and what looks to be 1 screw with a small orange o-ring. does that screw close off one the 2 outputs. that's what i'd need to do, so i'm hoping that is the case...

2) what size tube should i use (I/D) to match up to those fittings?

didn't see answers to those in the product description or install doc :/
Yes, the screw with the orange O-ring is provided in case you only need one port. You just install it in the unused location.

Not sure about the size of the nipple. I'd take it with me to the auto parts store and see what hose fits good and snug. Keep in mind that this line will see both vacuum and boost pressure so make sure it is the right type of hose (NOT windshield washer hose). I'd also suggest small black zip-ties to hold it in place (best option) or small worm-gear clamps.

I didn't know about this block back when I did my BOV setup and I installed a Throttle body spacer instead. Your option is FAR better (and cheaper as well). Good luck and let us know how it turns out and post some pics.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Works perfect. Vacuum AND Boost show with the distribution block.
The gauge is on the cowl - i'll swap out the silver screw for some smaller black machine screws to make it look better.

The cowl is a great location, and easy to get to. Plus a new one is like 20 bucks if you want to ever go back to stock or you mess up.

Wires from the gauge are routed behind the instrument cluster.

Wires to the sensor were cut and routed through the hood release grommet and i dumped a bunch of sealant on it to seal it back up.

All the images are here (its after install, i didn't take any during)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7IJW77ap5bLQ2x5X2pWNVJzdms

·
Registered
898 Posts
Works perfect. Vacuum AND Boost show with the distribution block.
The gauge is on the cowl - i'll swap out the silver screw for some smaller black machine screws to make it look better.

The cowl is a great location, and easy to get to. Plus a new one is like 20 bucks if you want to ever go back to stock or you mess up.

Wires from the gauge are routed behind the instrument cluster.

Wires to the sensor were cut and routed through the hood release grommet and i dumped a bunch of sealant on it to seal it back up.

All the images are here (its after install, i didn't take any during)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7IJW77ap5bLQ2x5X2pWNVJzdms
Looks great, glad I could point you in the right direction.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts