Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

My 2005 3.3 V6 NF Elite (New Zealand market) has developed a vibration under acceleration. Its not always apparent, but certain road surfaces, and certain rates of acceleration seem to make it worse, when it can be felt throughout the car. The drivers side CV is beginning to click, so will need replacing soon, and I suspect that some bushings around the suspension are worn, as they are squeaking. Could those issues cause such a vibration, and has anyone encountered a problem like that before with their NF or V6 NF?

This city (Christchurch) was damaged by a series of severe earthquakes in 2010-2011, and temporary road repairs only have been done until the underlying stormwater and sewer infrastructure is fully repaired. The resulting rough roads are keeping suspension repairers very busy - seems my NF will need their attention soon... :(

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
A bad tire can cause this. If you can narrow it down as to which wheel it's coming from, swap right for left and see if the vibration moves. Dunno what else to tell you since I haven't had your issue.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi there,

My 2005 3.3 V6 NF Elite (New Zealand market) has developed a vibration under acceleration. Its not always apparent, but certain road surfaces, and certain rates of acceleration seem to make it worse, when it can be felt throughout the car. The drivers side CV is beginning to click, so will need replacing soon, and I suspect that some bushings around the suspension are worn, as they are squeaking. Could those issues cause such a vibration, and has anyone encountered a problem like that before with their NF or V6 NF?

This city (Christchurch) was damaged by a series of severe earthquakes in 2010-2011, and temporary road repairs only have been done until the underlying stormwater and sewer infrastructure is fully repaired. The resulting rough roads are keeping suspension repairers very busy - seems my NF will need their attention soon... :(
If you only feel the vibration while accelerating and then it goes away if you let off gas, then it's a good possibility you have a bad axle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you only feel the vibration while accelerating and then it goes away if you let off gas, then it's a good possibility you have a bad axle.
That is pretty much what I feel. Its worse on some road surfaces, and also varies depending on how hard I accelerate.

I wouldn't not be surprised if the axle is damaged, since the roads here are more suited to 4WD vehicles. I'll get a dude to look at it, and tell him to check the axle.

Thanks to other responders, I'll get the dude to also check what you've mentioned.

Cheers,
Chrisblob, NZ.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A bad tire can cause this. If you can narrow it down as to which wheel it's coming from, swap right for left and see if the vibration moves. Dunno what else to tell you since I haven't had your issue.
They are 8 month old GT Radial Champiro UHP1's 225/50/R17's, with plenty of tread left - the vibration has only been apparent for a few weeks at most, so for at least 7 months since the tires were installed there has been no vibration. I'll get someone to check them anyway...

Cheers,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts