Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks! Sorry to be so vague, I keep forgetting about the coupe being a sedan guy...When I inquired with Haltech it was about my 3.8 sedan and this was what they told me:

"There is development going on for the 3.8L Genesis vehicles, but it is not yet complete. I expect it to take at least another two or three months.

If you are still interested, email me in about two months and I will give you an update on the project’s status."

So all in all, something to look forward to *fingers crossed*

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks! Sorry to be so vague, I keep forgetting about the coupe being a sedan guy...When I inquired with Haltech it was about my 3.8 sedan and this was what they told me:

"There is development going on for the 3.8L Genesis vehicles, but it is not yet complete. I expect it to take at least another two or three months.

If you are still interested, email me in about two months and I will give you an update on the project’s status."

So all in all, something to look forward to *fingers crossed*
I think that you inquired just about your " Genesis " and the guys at Haltech never asked which one. The Genesis Coupe v6 would be possibly in the pipeline for a developed product. The Sedan will not be.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think that you inquired just about your " Genesis " and the guys at Haltech never asked which one. The Genesis Coupe v6 would be possibly in the pipeline for a developed product. The Sedan will not be.
Guy, really... No I specifically stated for "my sedan" and as you see they wrote "development for the 3.8l genesis vehicles" (plural) so looks like for both coupe & sedan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the forum, new to the Sonata 2.0T - was a Genesis Coupe 3.8 owner ... until a week ago :(

Does this flash/tool work for the 2014 Turbo? And is it detectable by the dealer?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Would definitely be interested in a 2.4L sonata flash. Please keep us up to date on the status of future vehicles. Very happy to see someone finally working on these vehicles. Thanks!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Would definitely be interested in a 2.4L sonata flash. Please keep us up to date on the status of future vehicles. Very happy to see someone finally working on these vehicles. Thanks!
Hello,

We will not be releasing anything for the 2.4 Naturally Aspirated sonata in the future due to low power increase numbers.

·
Registered
167 Posts
do you have any update for an santa fe 2013 2.0t????

and can someone knows if an injen short ram intake under the sonata 2.0t fit Hyundai santa fe 2013 2.0t???

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
do you have any update for an santa fe 2013 2.0t????

and can someone knows if an injen short ram intake under the sonata 2.0t fit Hyundai santa fe 2013 2.0t???
Hello,

No we do not have an update for the 2013 2.0t ready for release yet. The intake would be something you would need to customize if you'd like to use it from a different vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would just love it if someone would tackle the code where the throttle dampening comes in. On my 2011 Sonata GLS 6 speed manual it is so annoying! I don't care about performance as much as I hate that dampening.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I would just love it if someone would tackle the code where the throttle dampening comes in. On my 2011 Sonata GLS 6 speed manual it is so annoying! I don't care about performance as much as I hate that dampening.
Unless you purchased the turbo model sonata, you're vehicle will not yield much better performance with a tune.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't understand why this flash tuner is so expensive! I just bought an Innovative Performance Chip (aka flash tuner) for $80 including shipping on amazon, claiming basically the same results as yours. I had it in my 2013 Santa Fe sport 2.0T for not even a week now. And it's noticeably improved low end torque, smoothed out the powerband, and increased WOT power. Very pleased so far, especially for $80. Makes no sense to me why anyone would pay over $700 for a dyno tested 20-30 whp/tq gain. That's $2-300 per 10 hp/tq. Go ahead and waist your money at the "dealership"! We all know everything's way more expensive from the dealership. Innovative Performance Chips. Check it out!!! You're stupid or rich if you don't!!! Enjoy :)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I don't understand why this flash tuner is so expensive! I just bought an Innovative Performance Chip (aka flash tuner) for $80 including shipping on amazon, claiming basically the same results as yours. I had it in my 2013 Santa Fe sport 2.0T for not even a week now. And it's noticeably improved low end torque, smoothed out the powerband, and increased WOT power. Very pleased so far, especially for $80. Makes no sense to me why anyone would pay over $700 for a dyno tested 20-30 whp/tq gain. That's $2-300 per 10 hp/tq. Go ahead and waist your money at the "dealership"! We all know everything's way more expensive from the dealership. Innovative Performance Chips. Check it out!!! You're stupid or rich if you don't!!! Enjoy :)
Not everyone is willing to experiment with an so called $80 "performance" chip off eBay or amazon. I hope it all works for the best.

·
Registered
28 Posts
hey guys, I'm in desperate need of an ecu tune for my 2008 accent, would it be possible for you guys to make something? I have a custom free flowing exhaust and keeps throwing the CEL light, so the tune should get rid of that or a re-flash. along with a good improvement of hoursepower and torque. thank you.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
hey guys, I'm in desperate need of an ecu tune for my 2008 accent, would it be possible for you guys to make something? I have a custom free flowing exhaust and keeps throwing the CEL light, so the tune should get rid of that or a re-flash. along with a good improvement of hoursepower and torque. thank you.
Hello,

I'm sorry but we haven't developed anything for that platform. In order to bypass the removal of the OEM catalytic converters, we recommend you use a spark plug de-fouler or o2 sensor spacer.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts