Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am currently driving a 2012 Sonata Limited with 17" rims mounted with all season tires. I would like to mount winter tires on 16" wheels for use on this car. Will this work or will I run into clearance issues with the brake calipers? I have read other threads regarding this swap, but I am still not sure if the 16" rims will fit. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I knew the GLS came with 16" rims and I just assumed they would fit on the Limited 2.4L. the nearby dealer where I bought my car would not tell me if the 16" rims would fit my car, so I turned to the forum for an answer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I read somewhere that some limited models have a different brake caliper that won't fit with a 16 inch rim. I test fitted a steel 16 in rim from a 2010 sonata on my 2011 sonata limited and it cleared - but not by much. I would suggest you try the rim first on both a front and rear hub.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I read somewhere that some limited models have a different brake caliper that won't fit with a 16 inch rim. I test fitted a steel 16 in rim from a 2010 sonata on my 2011 sonata limited and it cleared - but not by much. I would suggest you try the rim first on both a front and rear hub.
great idea!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know I tried that this morning, but the wheel nuts are on so tight I couldn't get the wheel off. I had the dealer rotate my tires 4,000 miles ago. I'm just glad I wasn't trying to change a flat on the side of a road.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
i had 16" michelin Xice-X2 on my limited for two seasons. also had the Sport Edition F2 rims as well. i believe the tires were a 235/60R16 tire. they were originally purchased for a hyundai tuscon. i had no clearance issues at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts