Hyundai Forums banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Had the service appt today. Gave the service manager a one sheet description of how the seats and profiles were setup, how the system functioned prior to the s/w update, the problem since and the workaround.
After 90 minutes SM reported that it was fixed. Service notes stated that the tech had confirmed the issue,then performed a CAP Reset which reset all computers and confirmed the system now operated as expected. Stupidly I believed him and drove home without testing. After arriving home I waited 4 minutes (I found this is the shorted time you have to wait for the system to shutdown and then fail), started the car switched profile and nothing - seat didn’t move cluster theme didn’t change.

I then tried the System Reset from the Setup -> General -> System Info screen. That wiped out both profiles but upon reading them the problem persisted.
After googling some more I found the is a hidden Engineering menu that you can get to by:
Turn radio to FM, volume to 2. Go to settings -> general, go to the software info tab. Tap 5 times just to the left of the Update button, then once to the right of it. That should bring up a password prompt, 2702 worked for me. Once there there is a Factory Reset option under the Variant Coding menu option. Press that and confirm, after a few minutes the new profile screen appears just as it did the day you bought the car. After setting up both profiles the system now moves the seat 13 seconds after switching profiles - just like it should!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I performed the factory reset and then rebuilt my wife’s and my profile. It did indeed work twice! If I go back to the original suggestion and wait for the one screen prompt at start up times out, and then go to change user, it works every time. Apparently the pop up start up screen does not work properly to actually change the user. It was still a PIA to reload my FM and XM stations, and other setting again after the reset. I wont do it again until Hyundai fixes the issue.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I performed the factory reset and then rebuilt my wife’s and my profile. It did indeed work twice! If I go back to the original suggestion and wait for the one screen prompt at start up times out, and then go to change user, it works every time. Apparently the pop up start up screen does not work properly to actually change the user. It was still a PIA to reload my FM and XM stations, and other setting again after the reset. I wont do it again until Hyundai fixes the issue.
Sorry, j should have updated my post. It worked for us for 5 days or so - maybe 4 changes of driver. Then it stopped working when switching back to primary (wife) but still works for me.
I did persuade my dealer to forward my problem description to Hyundai - I’ll update if I get any feedback.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts