Hyundai Forums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The colored ambient lighting was the one setting for me that 100% of the time would f up. Everything else varied in frequency. I explained that to the dealer and used it to test whether their repairs fixed it or not before I left their lot, but I always got ignored, reassured that it was indeed fixed, and sent home.

·
Registered
27 Posts
OP - thanks for the valuable input!
Hitherto the only difference between the two profiles has been the seat and mirrors but after reading your earlier post I changed my dash theme and ambient lighting (although that is difficult to discern in daylight). So, I'll keep and eye on those settings too. One problem we have is we live in Tucson, AZ - bought the car in Phoenix and will be taking the car for service in Palatine, IL before returning to Tucson at the end of the summer - so, coordinating between dealers could be an issue if this goes on for a while :(

Thanks again for the feedback even though you don't have a dog in this fight anymore.

·
Registered
2018 Sonata Limited 2.0T
677 Posts
Maybe they should utilize a TDR to trace 'grounds' on each of the suspect computers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Maybe they should utilize a TDR to trace 'grounds' on each of the suspect computers.
I would agree were it not for the fact that the issue first arose immediately after the first upgrade last November (or so) and now after the latest upgrade the issue is even worse - before the seat would always move within 30 seconds or so now it's random if it moves at all. OTOH the OP's reporting the a new main board plus a complete reset didn't address the issue supports your position that it's an environmental problem.

·
Registered
2018 Sonata Limited 2.0T
677 Posts
...the issue first arose immediately after the first upgrade last November (or so) and now after the latest upgrade the issue is even worse...
You mentioned the 'upgrades'; were these downloaded nav updates or a platform-specific dealer install?

·
Registered
27 Posts
You mentioned the 'upgrades'; were these downloaded nav updates or a platform-specific dealer install?
Both upgrades were via USB contains software downloaded from Hyundai’s website. While the upgrades were described as navigation upgrades they also changed the display screen layout and features e.g. sorting radio station presets

·
Registered
2018 Sonata Limited 2.0T
677 Posts
If no joy, suggest dealer swap out your nav unit to eliminate that entity- albeit abstract.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Did you ever get this issue resolved. We have the same issue. It only started after the April upgrade on our 2021 Santa Fe.
Our 2020 Sonata is also doing the same after the update. Previously it would adjust the seat and mirror as soon the other profile was selected. Now it's hit or miss whether it does it or not, sometimes there's a delay in it happening. Since I very rarely drive the Sonata (it's my wife's), I don't care, just as long as her settings remain.

PS: I didn't do any of the interim updates because of the nixie tube display. So it probably would have been happening before had I done them.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Our 2020 Sonata is also doing the same after the update. Previously it would adjust the seat and mirror as soon the other profile was selected. Now it's hit or miss whether it does it or not, sometimes there's a delay in it happening. Since I very rarely drive the Sonata (it's my wife's), I don't care, just as long as her settings remain.

PS: I didn't do any of the interim updates because of the nixie tube display. So it probably would have been happening before had I done them.
Does anyone notice the mirrors don't turn down when going in reverse after the update also

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo 8DCT HTRAC 20" wheels
1,815 Posts
Is your mirror select switch in the left or right position. Center disables the function.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Another data point. After the OP mentioned that the ambient lighting was another setting that didn't change correctly I updated my profile with non default lighting and selected cluster theme B while my wife's profile remained with the defaults. Now, when starting the car and switching to my profile, the radio switches to my last station as it always did but the cluster theme, lighting and seat continue to reflect my wife's settings. However, if I switch back to her profile the radio will switch, but then switch to my profile will cause all the setting to be updated to mine!
So, now I have something that's definitive and demonstratable to the dealer. What I haven't figured out is how long it is after turning the engine off before the problem arises.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata Hybrid Limited
6 Posts
I'll also add a data point that this started happening to me after doing the nav software update a few months ago. The one that added the full width Android Auto functionality. I have a 2021 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid.

When it fails to update my seat position, etc when I switch profiles after starting the car, I found that this works a little over half the time. I will go into the settings and switch the profile to my wife's, then back to mine. It usually updates correctly after that.
That is annoying and takes too long for something that does not work 100%. So I just set my seat position in the #2 seat memory slot for my wife's profile, and her seat position as #2 in my profile. That's been working for now.

I figured it must have been a newly introduced software bug from that previous update. It's been annoying but I haven't gone out of my way to complain to Hyundai yet. I figured it'll probably get fixed in the next software update.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I'll also add a data point that this started happening to me after doing the nav software update a few months ago. The one that added the full width Android Auto functionality. I have a 2021 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid.

When it fails to update my seat position, etc when I switch profiles after starting the car, I found that this works a little over half the time. I will go into the settings and switch the profile to my wife's, then back to mine. It usually updates correctly after that.
That is annoying and takes too long for something that does not work 100%. So I just set my seat position in the #2 seat memory slot for my wife's profile, and her seat position as #2 in my profile. That's been working for now.

I figured it must have been a newly introduced software bug from that previous update. It's been annoying but I haven't gone out of my way to complain to Hyundai yet. I figured it'll probably get fixed in the next software update.
OP again. Mine started doing it a few months after we bought it new in April 2020 (early covid). The vehicle history shows a software update prior to us receiving the car, but I cannot say that my problems were linked to a software updated. Updating the software was one of their attempted fixes and it changed nothing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have been experiencing the same issue issues, with seat positions and profiles. It happened about the same time I did the Navigation upgrade, but not sure if it was after or not. A royal PIA, I hope there is a fix forthcoming.

·
Registered
77 Posts
2020 Sonata Limited.

I will use the car after my wife. Her profile moves the seat back automatically when she gets out. I get in, start the car, and select my profile. The seat then shoves me forward to her position and switches the XM to her last station that I never listen to. I have to use the memory button on the door to get it to move to my position.
How do you "select [your] profile and then have to "use the memory button on the door"? My can only has one button for selecting settings.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Another data point. I discovered if I get into the car after my wife drove it last that when the "Select Profile" screen appears then, rather than select my profile, let it timeout and then pick Select Profile from the main screen and then select my profile the seat will move immediately to my position. This works 100% of the time at the expense of waiting for the the timeout ~20s.

·
Registered
7 Posts
@M3xD, I tried your suggestion and it has worked for me multiple times. If The driver is not the last user of the car, let it ”go past“ the select profile screen and then after waiting for it to load all the setting, pick your profile from the main screen. This cant possibly be the way they intended, but it works. I hope Hyundai knows of the issue and fixed it, it is a pain in the ass. I did not have the issue before the last update

21 - 40 of 43 Posts