Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
2020 Sonata Limited.
My car frequently screws up the user settings between my wife's and my profiles. It works perfectly as it should about half the time. It is not always the same settings, but for instance, here is a typical scenario:

I will use the car after my wife. Her profile moves the seat back automatically when she gets out. I get in, start the car, and select my profile. The seat then shoves me forward to her position and switches the XM to her last station that I never listen to. I have to use the memory button on the door to get it to move to my position.

The scenario above is the most common, but there are many variations. Sometimes it switches the XM to station 0, which is just the radio ID. Sometimes everything is right except the mirrors are in her position. Sometimes for my wife it moves the seat to a very far back position that is not mine or it positions the seat-back way leaned back even with the seat otherwise correct.

Some other quirks that may be related:
Settings like ambient light color, heads up display position, etc. change on their own.
The seat-back position switch will not move the seat-back forward unless you first go back or hold it for several seconds. This happens about half the time.
The front collision warning sensors trip at traffic lights. It happens most frequently behind trucks, but has happened behind a Tesla and even no car at all. It is never because I am actually close enough to trip the sensor.

The local dealer that I bought it from new has now had it twice. The first time they updated software and the second time they did some factory resets. They are not being very helpful.

They will have one more chance before I have to send a letter to Hyundai to get their last attempt (per FL lemon law).

Do any of these problems sound familiar? Is there a fix I can point them to because they told me they are out of ideas. Otherwise I like the car, but this is turning me off quickly.
I have a question related to this topic why are the seats different in user profile than for the memory seats. In other words I get in my car after my wife hit memory number 1 which is mine, but then hit my profile and the seats change?????

·
Registered
171 Posts
Our 2020 Sonata is also doing the same after the update. Previously it would adjust the seat and mirror as soon the other profile was selected. Now it's hit or miss whether it does it or not, sometimes there's a delay in it happening. Since I very rarely drive the Sonata (it's my wife's), I don't care, just as long as her settings remain.

PS: I didn't do any of the interim updates because of the nixie tube display. So it probably would have been happening before had I done them.
Does anyone notice the mirrors don't turn down when going in reverse after the update also

1 - 4 of 4 Posts