Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There.I owned my I30 for one week now, its a nice drive. Besides a bit of road noise from the tires, I think its a good car.

I wonder if you guys have a guide line for using of 6th gear, I found out monitor the fuel monitor (the bar from 0-30L/100km) that its not always clever to use the 6th gear at lower speed. And the Car will not advice you to go back to the 5th gear. I think the 6th gear is only use full for speeds more than 60km or so else its better to use the 5th gear.

My car is brand new - a 2013 came to the dealer in May 2013. I like the car, a lot of great features. And cheap - even I think its not a very cheap car to drive. I have driven 800km, and the Liters / 100km like to stay around 4.7+

I previouse had the Ford Fiesta Econetic, Ford said 3.7L/100km, I managed to get this a few times. But I also remember When the car was new (the first 20.000km) I could not get a very good KM/Liter, In some way I hope its the same with this Hyundai.

//Claus - Sweden.

I

·
Registered
538 Posts
You are correct using a gear to early can make fuel use worse. I wouldn't use any gear that puts the engine rpm lower than about 1600 rpm, less than this and the engine is 'lugging', it's not getting full turbo boost and the engine response will be slow. If you choose a gear that keeps the engine between 1600 and 2400 rpm you will be very happy with the engine response and the fuel use may even improve. Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts