Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a maximum size for a USB thumb/flash drive that the USB port can read? If not, what is the biggest size in GB that you have gotten to work?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Using a 16Gb flash drive with an aftermarket Clarion, don't see why the Hyundai system should be different but no idea I'm afraid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a 100 GB external hard drive hooked up to my 2009 Santa Fe. It takes a few minutes to start playing music (I guess the radio is reading the entire hard drive first?), but once it starts, I can quickly and easily access my entire music collection. I will caution that you have to be careful with folder and song names so that it's easy to find what you're looking for.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (ctown @ Apr 27 2010, 08:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317482
I've got a 100 GB external hard drive hooked up to my 2009 Santa Fe. It takes a few minutes to start playing music (I guess the radio is reading the entire hard drive first?), but once it starts, I can quickly and easily access my entire music collection. I will caution that you have to be careful with folder and song names so that it's easy to find what you're looking for.

Could you elaborate a little on how to organize folders? I would like to be able to plug in my flash drive and play all of the music on random. Do I have to put everything in the root to do this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE (cbhawk89 @ Apr 28 2010, 09:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317578
Could you elaborate a little on how to organize folders? I would like to be able to plug in my flash drive and play all of the music on random. Do I have to put everything in the root to do this?
To play all files on the flash-drive randomly, press and hold the RDM button for 1 second. The 2011 Sonata Owner's Manual states on pg. 4-119:
<blockquote>3. RANDOM Playback Button
Press this button for less than 0.8 seconds to activate 'RDM' mode and more than 0.8 seconds to activate 'ALL RDM' mode.
• RDM : Only files in a folder are played back in a random sequence.
• ALL RDM : All files in a USB memory are played back in the random sequence.</blockquote>
Tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm afraid that there seems to be a maximum size for flash drives or external hard drives using the USB
port in a 2009 Santa Fe.

I have a 250 gb USB external drive without any power issues; however, even though I have only 6 folders of
music directly in the root directory (categorized by genre) it's only recognizing 5 of them and many songs
are absent.

The drive has no errors (I've checked) and all of the files are present when I hook it up to my home computer.
However, at least 1,000 songs are missing and it only seems to recognize a certain amount of space off of the drive
when plugged into the USB port in the Santa Fe.

I'm not sure what the OEM stereo is in a 2009 Santa Fe, but I wish I did so I knew what limitations it has
in regards to reading data from a USB drive.

Does anyone have an idea what the limitations are when using a USB storage device with an 2009 Santa Fe stereo?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts