Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 32GB Mushkin Mulholland USB drive to hold all my music, and a USB adapter plug to plug into my Touring's stereo. I find that with *some* directories, but not others, after the first song in that directory plays, the player returns to the very first song on the drive (first directory, first song). Needless to say this is pretty annoying.

Has anyone else experienced this problem when playing mp3s off a usb thumb drive?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did some more testing. It's probably not the drive. Another thumb drive, as well as a portable USB hard drive, both do the same thing.

This pretty much makes the USB feature useless to me, and I'll have to use CDs instead. Not the end of the world, just not as nice as having all my music online instead of having to swap discs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I tried a 16, same thing. The reason I'd want to use a thumb drive is to have all my music available at once. So it's either get an mp3 player, or go back to CDs.

I don't suppose the stereo works with DVD+/-Rs, , eh?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No go on DVDs. Guess I'm back to using MP3 CDs for my music until/unless I get another MP3 player down the road.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@Nicko68 - Thanks for updating this. The salesperson told me that this feature would work with my Elantra Touring, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I'll try with a small USB drive (I know that doesn't help, since you presumably want a lot of music on the drive).

I've used the iPod adapter with my iPhone, and it works great. You get a message stating that it wasn't meant to work with iPhones, you may get radio interference, and asking if you want to turn on airplane mode. I didn't turn on airplane mode, and it's worked fine (I was receiving texts while it was playing).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure it's relevant, but I am using a 16G Lexar thumb drive. I did not have the exact same problem, but had a skipping problem. I had my collection organized in folders, where I would have an artist folder (say, Rolling Stones), and then subfolders underneath the artist folder representing individual albums by the artist (say, Tattoo You). I had problems with whole subdirectories (albums) being skipped. So I eliminated all the subfolders, and instead just put all the MP3s from different albums under the one artist folder, and now there is no skipping. (The readout on the radio display is easier to read too, because artist names are usually shorter than album names.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar problem with an aftermarket radio in my civic. They tend to work better with USB Drives 4GB and smaller. Kind of a drawback i know, but 4GB is still a lot of music.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could it be that some tracks aren't the right format (different extension, bitrate too high/low, etc.)? I've run into issues with certain tracks too (but haven't played around with it enough to figure it out).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've noticed the same problem and that every time I turned off the restarted the engine the music would always start at the first song it found and not on the last song played. I have since put all songs in the root directory and now there is no skipping and when I restart it remembers where I was and starts there even in the middle of a song just like a giant CD.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts