Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today my USB stopped working on my Sante Fe, my car doesn't recognize that anything is connected and it doesn't even charge. I plugged the USB cable into all the other charging ports in the car and the cord works fine.. it seems to be isolated to the main USB port.

Has anyone run into this issue or have any suggestions? I tried turning the car off and on again, but no luck. BTW my cord is the original Samsung cord, not aftermarket.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm guessing this person is aware that their brand new car has a warranty, but is looking for a simple solution that might not involve taking the vehicle to a dealership.
What's wrong with a simple solution? Maybe he just needs a fuse. He may have to drive 100 miles to get to a dealer. If I knew the answer I would give it to him. I don't know the answer but I would check for fuse burnout and do a reset as suggested.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Check ACC fuse for sure.

ACC 7.5A
Surround View Monitor, AMP, IBU, Front Wireless Charger, Front USB Charger, Low DC-DC Converter
(Audio/AMP), Audio, A/V & Navigation Head Unit, Rear USB Charger LH/RH

·
Registered
69 Posts
What's wrong with a simple solution? Maybe he just needs a fuse. He may have to drive 100 miles to get to a dealer. If I knew the answer I would give it to him. I don't know the answer but I would check for fuse burnout and do a reset as suggested.
We're on the same team here. I'm all for simple solutions, and was saying so to the person who posted "warranty" as a solution.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Check ACC fuse for sure.

ACC 7.5A
Surround View Monitor, AMP, IBU, Front Wireless Charger, Front USB Charger, Low DC-DC Converter
(Audio/AMP), Audio, A/V & Navigation Head Unit, Rear USB Charger LH/RH
If the fuse is bad none of those other items would work....it's not a fuse. It's either a bad socket on the USB or a fault in the radio/nav.

·
Registered
116 Posts
OP did you sort this out? Mine wasn't working yesterday when I got in it - no power, no connection to CarPlay. My daughter did connect her iphone to it the night before as she wanted to charge it so not sure if that fubared it, though I don't see any reason it should.

·
Registered
116 Posts
well, looks like it is my cable for some odd reason? It still works to charge the phone but the cable doesn't want to work in the USB port for CarPlay. Truely odd.

·
Registered
69 Posts
well, looks like it is my cable for some odd reason? It still works to charge the phone but the cable doesn't want to work in the USB port for CarPlay. Truely odd.
This is somewhat common. Data connections are much more sensitive than charging connections.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Any phone charging cable, whether iPhone / android / other, is not a simple two wire cord that provides power / data sync. There are multiple wires and connections on both ends of the cable. From my experience with iPhone cables, it is actually very common for the data sync to be lost when the cable starts to fail. I have yet to have an iPhone cable failure where the data sync works but charging does not.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Any phone charging cable, whether iPhone / android / other, is not a simple two wire cord that provides power / data sync. There are multiple wires and connections on both ends of the cable. From my experience with iPhone cables, it is actually very common for the data sync to be lost when the cable starts to fail. I have yet to have an iPhone cable failure where the data sync works but charging does not.
ya figured as much. As good as Apple is at designing things, they suck at designing cables and especially the connectors.Having used both android micro usb connectors and apple ones, I can't tell you how many apple ones I have gone through over the years while never having had a problem with micro usb.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
450 Posts
There are more conductors in the Apple cable. For the same cable diameter, each conductor diameter needs to be smaller, hence more fragile. The cable either work or doesn't work (caused by a conductor snapped which makes intermittent contact). Data sync not applicable since both systems use serial communication in asynchronous mode.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts