Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
We are having a problem with the USB port in our new 2021 Elantra SEL. (the non-charging port in the center)
I bought a slick little Samsung 128GB USB stick and loaded our music on it. Everything is within the specifications in the manual and we have about 4000 songs in 166 folders (well below the limits). It is foormatted exFat which the manual says is supported.
The files play just fine, but the car doesn't remember where it was when the car is shut off and restarted. It goes back to the first folder and song every time instead of resuming where it left off.
Any ideas how to make this work? Or is this a software bug?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.4 L
31 Posts
Check manual.
If it was me I would format the flash drive in Fat32, most common I believe.
I load my music as single songs, not albums.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check manual.
If it was me I would format the flash drive in Fat32, most common I believe.
I load my music as single songs, not albums.
Thanks for the reply,

The manual says that exFAT is supported although FAT32 is "recommended":
"Format system - FAT16/32 (recommended), exFAT, NTFS"
The music is loaded in folders by artist.

Do you really think that reformatting it as FAT32 will fix the problem?

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.4 L
31 Posts
I don't know if fat 32 will fix it. I have been using fat 32 for years in my vehicles with OEM radios and after market radios.
I don't load in albums. Yes it's easier. I load songs.
Our 19 Santa Fe was recently bought. I just loaded music on a thumb drive as I described.
No problems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They would not actually open a case for this as it is considered just troubleshooting at this point.

They said:

1) Check the software version at update.Hyundai.com (it is up to date).
2) Reset the head unit. (will try tonight)
3) Try reformatting the USB stick to FAT32 (already done and will try it tonight)
4) If the problem still exists after the above, bring the car in to the dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reformatting the USB stick to FAT32 seems to have worked!

It now remembers right where it left off through an engine off/on cycle. I guess that's why they show FAT32 as "recommended" even though ExFAT is supported.

FYI...this little SAMSUNG FIT Plus USB 3.1 Flash Drive is really perfect for leaving in the car all the time. It's tiny and looks like it just belongs there in the center USB port. It's nice and fast when loading music files from the computer as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was listening to my music in this fashion as well until I got my Android Auto working. I put all my USB music on my phone and now I can use the voice commands to tell it what to play - much easier for me then scrolling through the screen to make a selection.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts