Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
NX4, Highlander, 1.6T
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Australia and have an NX4 Highlander (top of the range) and I've noticed the Left Side USB, the one used for updates, is always powered ON even when the car is turned OFF and locked. Can this be changed so it's only ON when the car is running?

TIA

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo 8DCT HTRAC 20" wheels
1,007 Posts
No sorry, the power for that port comes from the Infotainment system which is always supplied power as it controls things like your remote Bluelink options, the modem, the lights as you enter the car, the auto-shutoff of the lights as you leave and about 60 other things.

Reactions: ghines

·
Registered
NX4, Highlander, 1.6T
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No sorry, the power for that port comes from the Infotainment system which is always supplied power as it controls things like your remote Bluelink options, the modem, the lights as you enter the car, the auto-shutoff of the lights as you leave and about 60 other things.
That's a shame as I was wanting to have a wireless USB AA Adapter and that will mean the adapter will be on all the time with the possibility of letting the battery go flat.

Thanks anyhow for your reply.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
It won't go flat if nothing is plugged in as there is no draw on the line. Also at the milliamp draw once your phone is charged (not sure about Adrid, but iPhones will reduce their charging current to almost nil once fully charged. So leaving in an iPhone with it's display off, will only draw the current required if the phone is communicating on your internal WiFi or external cellular network for short updates. Again the current draw will drop to 0 once the phone is charged. So I personally, would not worry much. Honestly, my biggest worry is where the heck is my phone if it's not in my pocket when I'm out of the car! ;)

·
Registered
611 Posts
The left port on mine only comes on briefly when you open the door and it turns off again after about a minute if you close the door.
I have an illuminated USB drive and that’s how I noticed this behavior.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Could u link to your wireless AA adapter?
I might just allow it to drain my battery if it does behave as such... the my HEV has the built in battery jump start button.

·
Registered
NX4, Highlander, 1.6T
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The left port on mine only comes on briefly when you open the door and it turns off again after about a minute if you close the door.
I never thought about checking this but you are 100% correct, power is turned OFF from the USB after about a minute or so. Thank you for this information.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I never thought about checking this but you are 100% correct, power is turned OFF from the USB after about a minute or so. Thank you for this information.
Good catch, I guess I never hung around inside the car after I turned it off.

Reactions: ghines
1 - 9 of 9 Posts