Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I bought my 2009 Santa Fe in Aug 2016 and it's been running well. I got a Kenwood DDX9703S installed for my stereo and have been using the USB port to connect my Samsung S7 so I can utilize Android Auto (Which I highly recommend).

However in the last month I have been having issues where if I hit a bump in the road or a rough railroad crossing, I get an error that the USB has become disconnected even though the cable is still plugged into the USB port.

The cable I'm using is a Anker cable and it's the gold standard for USB cables for Android Auto users (The cable works fine - it's been tested in other cars without issue. I even got a new one just in case).

I'm thinking it's either the cable assembly between the DDX9703S and the USB port.. or the USB port itself.

Has anyone had issues with their USB port getting flaky and disconnecting? Is replacing the USB port common on a car after 8 years? How hard is it to replace the USB port unit with another? If I have to replace it, should I go OEM or is there a better alternative?

Sorry if this is not the place to have this conversation...

Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
786 Posts
Electrical failures during quick bumps could be absolutely anything that you have identified. The best method for trouble shooting is trial and error, starting with the easiest fix first. Example: Swap the cable, clean your phones charging port, clean the usb port - if those three don't work, then you likely have an issue in between the USB connector and your system. Make sure your cables are mounted properly. If it's occurring during a bump on the road, it could be that if too much cable is loose, it's pulling on a connection somewhere.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Move the phone, cable and wiggle everything while parked and its running. See if you can get it to occur then. If not its something else (in the vehicle itself being affected)

Its an aftermarket head. Hence only as good as the installation was.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts