Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We just got a 2010 Hyundai Accent. I loaded a 4GB USB stick with a bunch of MP3's for my wife. Well, we discovered an issue of sorts. The USB reads fine and starts playing the MP3's from the top folder. Everything is good until we turn the car off and then back on. Instead of remembering where it left off it starts playing again from the top folder.

This is very annoying and pretty much makes the USB feature worthless for my wife since she makes a lot of short trips.

Is this normal behavior for the USB port? Did I do something wrong in setting up the USB drive?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It was the USB stick. It's a Staples brand which I think is made by Ridata. I don't know if the stick is actually defective or just something weird in the design. It seems to work fine on a PC but when used with the Accent or my Kia Forte it plays fine but starts over at the root folder when the car is tunred off/on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (omg grip @ May 23 2010, 07:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325495
so what was the solution. did a different usb stick solve the issue? i am sure you didnt get a response because only a small handful of people here have 2010 accents at this point, most of ours are older and do not have a usb port.
Yes, it was the Staples brand USB stick that was the problem. I tested a PNY, OCZ and an off-brand USB stick and they all worked just fine and picked up the song last played right where it left off!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts