Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey again! While I'm here I have another question about my Sonata 2013 SE.
I believe this might be a known issue, but I'll see if anyone knows a fix.
I play MP3 music on my jump drive in the USB input. While playing I have random all folder mode set for shuffling tracks. Now when I turn off the car and start it up later, the Random mode is reset, and back to normal playback. How can we get it to save and remember random playback in USB music mode?

thanks!
-Wes

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I find this annoying, also as my Elantra will go back to normal play on my iPod upon ignition shut-off and restart. As far as I know, there's no way to keep it on random which is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. :(

·
Registered
190 Posts
Classic first world problem. The stereo in my car doesn't remember that I'm playing files from a USB stick in shuffle mode.

I think it's a design flaw...for me it has become second nature to turn on the radio AND hit the #2 preset to enable folder random. Or ask the steering wheel lady to do it.

Maybe in future years they'll actually think about it during the design phase. If the radio can remember all the preset stations why can't it also remember the shuffle mode?

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
If you press and hold random down it will shuffle the entire USB drive, that is how I play mine. Im just like SFGLS and as soon as I get in my car I press and hold #2 after the USB starts to play music.

·
Registered
687 Posts
:( My sister's Accord stays random until you turn it off. It's nice.

Although if it did stay random I'd probably bitch about it not resetting every time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts