Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 640gb Seagate Freeagent go portable external hard drive(HD) attached to my 2010 Santa Fe Se. On the HD i have first 2 main folders called "Clean" and "Other". With each folder I have multiple albums.

My issue is, when I connect the HD:

1) The albums are not all listed in alphabetical order. Ity goes in and out of alphabetical order.
2) I can never see the full album titles. Always unsure what album I am playing when an artist has more than 1 album. Example I have the "Now that's what I call music" lbums but I can never tell if I am listening to album 1 or 5 or 6 or 30 because it does not list the full album name.

I use the drag and drop method to add the albums to my HD.

Can someone please help with my issues?

Thanks.

OJ

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have noticed that the Hyundai mp3 player function does not seem to support multiple levels of folder structure on a USB device. I first attempted to set up a usb stick with Artist name folders in the root, with album name folders inside each appropriate artist folder and the songs in each album folder. My 2011 Sonata GLS standard audio system seemed to ignore the structure - it just found the mp3s and displayed the name of the folder they were in.

My new organization structure that seems to work well is I just make folders in the root of the stick with the naming convention of "Artist-AlbumName" and put the mp3s inside using names like "01 trackname.mp3", "02 trackname.mp3", etc. to keep the playing order. That way, the head unit displays the artist and album name in the smaller font upper area on the LCD and the song's name in the larger font lower area.

Folders are browsed in alphabetical order, so Aerosmith will come before Beatles, and so on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts