Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using a 1GB USB drive. I test it, I put in 4 iTunes songs on there. I plugged it into my car and the screen said "File Not Found!". I read the manual and it didn't help.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just my little brainstorm since I've never used a flash drive:

Was that flash drive brand new and never used?

If so, does a flash drive have to be formatted before loading files onto it?

I personally don't even know if my questions are valid ones regarding a flash drive. But...those were my first thoughts. I'm anxious to here an answer from someone who knows better in case I have the same problem when I get me a flash drive for use in the car.

Edit: Yikes! Now I see your dilemma from the other thread! Time to run MalwareBytes and a good anti-virus program on your computer.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Look some of the MP3's don't work if they're saved in a different MP3 format.

Secondly, that would be your USB's fault and not your car system's fault.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just my little brainstorm since I've never used a flash drive:

Was that flash drive brand new and never used?

If so, does a flash drive have to be formatted before loading files onto it?

I personally don't even know if my questions are valid ones regarding a flash drive. But...those were my first thoughts. I'm anxious to here an answer from someone who knows better in case I have the same problem when I get me a flash drive for use in the car.

Edit: Yikes! Now I see your dilemma from the other thread! Time to run MalwareBytes and a good anti-virus program on your computer.
YES, That scared me!! After installation, my computer was acting funny and slow. I ran Malwarebytes and it detected 67 malware, spyware, and hijackers! The Flash drive is 8 years old. It works. I found out the problem. It had to be MP3 format, not iTunes.

Look some of the MP3's don't work if they're saved in a different MP3 format.

Secondly, that would be your USB's fault and not your car system's fault.
You're right! They had to be MP3 format, not iTunes MP4. Thank you!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also you might have a problem reading files if there are not contained in folders.

ok!! Maybe it not because it was an iTunes file. It could be just folder issue? There's two things I did that made it work: Folder and switch to MP3 format. Today I will see if iTunes files will work if put in a folder.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts