Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Santa Fe SEL 2020. I have a standard USB media stick with music, which plays correctly in a Kia Soul 2015 without issues. However, in the Santa Fe, EVERY TIME I start the car, I get the message "Connect and play last media source", and the USB drive won't be recognized unless I physically remove and reinsert the thumb drive. I DON'T have to do this with my Kia Soul 2015 or Chrysler Pacifica 2017. This has never worked properly in the 6 months I've owned the car (ie, no recent updates broke anything; it was always broken). If I turn off the car and restart it within a few minutes, the drive is recognized, but never much longer than that.

I can't listen to music without always taking the time to remove and reinsert the drive. This is annoying and wears out the port and drive. This is definitely a bug. Has anyone else encountered this, or aware of a software update to the media system to prevent this error?

Thanks in advance for any insights or replies.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
1,038 Posts
I used USB media a few times, no problem. But have not used in the last 2 nav updates.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have no problem. Make sure usb is fat32 formatted and If you are using MAC OS, make sure your partition is formatted as MBR not got.

And remove those mac files that it creates.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited, 2020 Jaguar F-Pace Premium
41 Posts
I do not have this problem in my 2020 Santa Fe Limited. I only remove the USB drive to add music to it. I never switched it between vehicles nor started the Santa Fe without the USB drive inserted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem. Using Samsung FIT plus USB 3.1 flash drive 128GB on 2020 Santa Fe limited. It's started after updating the nav.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
665 Posts
Why is everyone using a USB for their music, instead of streaming it from their phone?

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
1,038 Posts
Why is everyone using a USB for their music, instead of streaming it from their phone?
1) touching the phone gets a ticket
2) Not everyone has a phone
3) Not everyone turns on the phone
4) ????? Lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PROBLEM SOLVED. The issue was that the drive was formatted as exFAT instead for FAT32. Reformatting the drive as FAT32 seems to have solved the problem. Thanks, nycelitemaster!

tex2670, I'd rather have my music on a $10 device accessible anywhere I drive, including areas with poor cell phone coverage, with lossless, superior FLAC quality.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
665 Posts
tex2670, I'd rather have my music on a $10 device accessible anywhere I drive, including areas with poor cell phone coverage.
If you have music on a USB, then you transferred it from your computer. Which means you could easily transfer your library (or some of your library) to a music app on your phone. Not all music on a phone is streaming ... I guess my 7.4GB of music on my phone is "old school" at this point.

you don't even need to use the CarPlay connection to play music in the car-- you can use bluetooth.

·
Registered
155 Posts
PROBLEM SOLVED. The issue was that the drive was formatted as exFAT instead for FAT32. Reformatting the drive as FAT32 seems to have solved the problem. Thanks, nycelitemaster!

tex2670, I'd rather have my music on a $10 device accessible anywhere I drive, including areas with poor cell phone coverage, with lossless, superior FLAC quality.
Agree. I do same. I use streaming mostly but usb is attached also for backup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unfortunately, problem NOT SOLVED. If the vehicle is left off for <60 min, the music will resume. However, anything longer than this requires me having to reinsert the USB drive to play music. My Chrysler Pacifica, Lincolnn MKC, and Kia Soul don't do this. FRUSTRATING.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Unfortunately, problem NOT SOLVED. If the vehicle is left off for <60 min, the music will resume. However, anything longer than this requires me having to reinsert the USB drive to play music. My Chrysler Pacifica, Lincolnn MKC, and Kia Soul don't do this. FRUSTRATING.
My problem solved by replacing the USB with a Fat32 one with less memory say 4 GB.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I bet the storage space is too large.
I use a 32 GB with zero issues

·
Registered
155 Posts
What type of computer you have?

What Brand Flash Drive you have?

Have you tried different brand flash drive? I know my Toyota is super picky on this

Have you changed partition structure or used flash drive to flash windows or Mac OS? You need to make sure it is using MBR partition structure and drive is formatted fat32 w/ default file structure allocation.

Your music folder should be in the root directory of your USB Flash

Try the above and report.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts