Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all my music on a flash drive connected to the USB port. Each time I turn on the car, the HU flips a coin on when it wants to read the USB drive.

Sometimes it fires up as soon as the car turns on, sometimes it takes approximately 1/2 mile into my drive for it to start playing. Yes, I measured.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If I remember correctly, the manual mentions to attach usb devices after the unit starts up.

Still a bit foggy about it though. I'll double-check later in the day.

·
Registered
270 Posts
does'nt make sense to have to take it out. here's the scene: you get in the car,put the drive in,go to the lottery store 4 blocks away,take the stick out. get your tickets get back in the car put the stick in etc.

i'd try another stick first. sandisk always goes well for me. otherwise if it's still warranted tell them you want a new head unit.

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
I leave mine in all the time in my Gen Coupe and no issues. I have had some that do not work. I would try a different USB stick.

·
Registered
78 Posts
does'nt make sense to have to take it out. here's the scene: you get in the car,put the drive in,go to the lottery store 4 blocks away,take the stick out. get your tickets get back in the car put the stick in etc.

i'd try another stick first. sandisk always goes well for me. otherwise if it's still warranted tell them you want a new head unit.
No. It doesn't make sense. I haven't tested it out personally, but I do leave my phone plugged in and it seems to work fine.

I bet it's just some copy/pasted text left over in the manual.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am running a Sandisk. I have another Sandisk laying around that I'll try. I'll even test a PNY and Lexar around here to try.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE

So I tested a PNY and no issues. I then examined the files in the Sandisk drive. All my music was in multiple folders (Genre> Artist> Album> song track). I think that is why It fought to read.

I pulled all the music files from the folders and just have the music tracks on the drive with no folders. No more issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts