Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Glad we didn't get China's design. Looks Volvo-ish. Which i do not like the rear tail lights of the new Volvos either.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It says that the increased 4 inches, I suppose because they offer it with a third row seats option but I like how it looks. Those tail lights look like the ones on the new Sonata, so maybe, it could be the design for the 2021 Santa Fe?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It says that the increased 4 inches, I suppose because they offer it with a third row seats option but I like how it looks. Those tail lights look like the ones on the new Sonata, so maybe, it could be the design for the 2021 Santa Fe?
Doubt they'd do such a radical redesign for the American market just 2 years in. And even "our" version has a 3rd row on diesel versions (outside the US where the diesel version is available)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought mud guards on eBay from a Chinese dealer. The fronts fitted ok but the rear was a different shape.

I argued because they stated it would fit all models, wrong. They refunded me and did not want them back. Still looking for rear guards before the winter.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought mud guards on eBay from a Chinese dealer. The fronts fitted ok but the rear was a different shape.

I argued because they stated it would fit all models, wrong. They refunded me and did not want them back. Still looking for rear guards before the winter.
Why don’t you buy the original ones from a dealer? They cost $27 plus taxes

·
Registered
100 Posts
Looks like the "spelled out" back end that Range Rover started & everyone is copying. Given it's for China likely Hyundai's way of making a "Land Wind".

·
Registered
115 Posts
Doubt they'd do such a radical redesign for the American market just 2 years in. And even "our" version has a 3rd row on diesel versions (outside the US where the diesel version is available)
Perhaps it'll end up on the new Tucson?

Also, and maybe I am just plain ignorant, but I am surprised by the third-row seat--in China. I thought there was a limit to how many children you have in China, recently raised from one to two in 2016. Why would a third row seat be important? Carpooling? Extended family?

Lastly, I don't like the "light bar," at least if it looks like what I see on Dodge vehicles (which to me looks more like a florescent tube light).

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts