Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
how did you end up $1800 below sticker if truecar had it at $900? I’m contemplating if I wanted to use truecar/Costco but I heard there is more room to negotiate if you don’t use those numbers do to them not having to cut those guys a percentage.
I only used true car to find the car, I called the dealership independently. I was just looking for the dealerships that gave discounts to be more likely to get a good deal. I didn't even mention the True Car.. most dealerships that do volume price their cars as if someone sees TrueCar. Some of the dealerships actually were over sticker on true car also. After all was said and done with their deal (Which was at sticker essentially with dealer fees put back in), I told them I needed them to find another $1000 and it is a deal between my trade and the deal oh and I said I wanted them to throw in the floor mats. They did. Then, when my limited was sold to someone else on the lot (I was a phone buyer), they passed the savings on to my SEL that I wanted which wasn't white.. that got sold by the time they went to get it. They had one left (white SEL) and said they would drop it $400 for the inconvenience.. I said ok deal. Of course the white is $400 more so essentially got it for $1800 under. I find it advantageous to do phone deals, you are not in the dealership and they can lose you with a click. Any good dealership that wants sales volume to get better allocation from the manufacture will sell you a car if the offer is reasonable. The example I said with my local dealership with an $8k after sticker sticker is just taking advantage of people. There is a reason that dealership sold at least 3 2022 Hybrids yesterday and my local one didn't sell one. Give it a shot and tell us how it goes.

I should mention is was a cash deal.. but usually if you finance they are even more willing as they can make money on that end also.

Also right now is a great time to buy a new car if you have a trade.. trade in values of cars have increased dramatically due to the supply shortages effecting new cars and covid closing many auto auctions. Don't accept a cheap price for your trade.. check the trade in value online, I know KBB was updated with the current increases in used cars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I only used true car to find the car, I called the dealership independently. I was just looking for the dealerships that gave discounts to be more likely to get a good deal. I didn't even mention the True Car.. most dealerships that do volume price their cars as if someone sees TrueCar. Some of the dealerships actually were over sticker on true car also. After all was said and done with their deal (Which was at sticker essentially with dealer fees put back in), I told them I needed them to find another $1000 and it is a deal between my trade and the deal oh and I said I wanted them to throw in the floor mats. They did. Then, when my limited was sold to someone else on the lot (I was a phone buyer), they passed the savings on to my SEL that I wanted which wasn't white.. that got sold by the time they went to get it. They had one left (white SEL) and said they would drop it $400 for the inconvenience.. I said ok deal. Of course the white is $400 more so essentially got it for $1800 under. I find it advantageous to do phone deals, you are not in the dealership and they can lose you with a click. Any good dealership that wants sales volume to get better allocation from the manufacture will sell you a car if the offer is reasonable. The example I said with my local dealership with an $8k after sticker sticker is just taking advantage of people. There is a reason that dealership sold at least 3 2022 Hybrids yesterday and my local one didn't sell one. Give it a shot and tell us how it goes.

I should mention is was a cash deal.. but usually if you finance they are even more willing as they can make money on that end also.

Also right now is a great time to buy a new car if you have a trade.. trade in values of cars have increased dramatically due to the supply shortages effecting new cars and covid closing many auto auctions. Don't accept a cheap price for your trade.. check the trade in value online, I know KBB was updated with the current increases in used cars.
Man this is great! Thanks for all the information. I hate the negotiation process, it’s a true headache. I’m looking for a amazon gray and gray interior limited hybrid Which there barely is any near me. I’m hoping by July, I can come across one within a 100 mile radius and start making phone calls then. Enjoy the car, hope you like it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Man this is great! Thanks for all the information. I hate the negotiation process, it’s a true headache. I’m looking for a amazon gray and gray interior limited hybrid Which there barely is any near me. I’m hoping by July, I can come across one within a 100 mile radius and start making phone calls then. Enjoy the car, hope you like it!
Thanks and no problem.. remember also most dealerships have the buy from home.. so expand your dealership search and they will come to your home to deliver your car and drive back your trade. The dealership I used was 2 hours from my house.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It all depends on the dealership. My local dealership here in Florida had an 8k after sticker on the Limited I drove making it $46k. I used Truecar to find the one I wanted with the best deal ($900 off sticker for an SEL Hybrid) and ended up $1800 off sticker. Just do your research and also remember many dealers are still doing the buy from home option. I bought my SEL Hybrid without even visiting the dealership, they drove it to my house 2 hours away and took my trade back and we did the paperwork in 15 minutes at my house. Best car buying experience of my life.
That’s great! I actually was able to score a SEL Hybrid a couple of weeks ago at a different dealer. They had the best price by far compared to the dealers in South Florida. It was about a 4 hour drive so my wife and I did a spontaneous road trip and picked it up.
Crazy how we buy cars nowadays. I bought my Telluride completely online and it was delivered to me. With the Tucson most stuff was done online and just needed a couple signatures at the dealer. Pretty smooth both ways.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Funny that’s all that’s around me. We had to go 4 hours away to get the white one my wife wanted.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes, that is correct. I was told at the dealership that only Apple doesn't work wirelessly on the limited. I use an Iphone 12 and have Carplay working wirelessly with my SEL Conv Hybrid. Although it is my understanding that the larger infotainment system is only on the limited. I don't know if it is an option on the SEL, but the SEL has an 8" which I was fine with especially since I only use Apple Navigation through Car Play anyways.
Oh I see, yeah the bigger 10.25" screen doesn't have wireless anything right now, only the 8" that you have does.

I see my mistake now, when I was building a Hybrid SEL Convenience online a while back, I read this line under standard equipment, and remembered wrong thinking it upgraded you from the 8" to the 10.25" infotainment but its just the instrument cluster:
"10.25-inch digital instrument cluster⁠"

So that makes sense that wireless carplay is working for you. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
BTW, so I was just watching a video of a SEL Convenience hybrid, and it appears that the DRL are a different color from the headlights? DRLs look like 5.5K maybe even 6K with the slightest hint of blue and the headlights around 4.5K with a touch of yellow. Can anyone confirm if they are in fact off? My old car did that, and was the first thing I did was experimented with a bunch of replacement LED sets from Amazon until I could find a perfect match as that's a pet peeve of mine:

41 - 49 of 49 Posts