Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hyundai's US website has pricing info and they are ready to take your deposit money but I don't see any information on the trim levels; especially comparison information. If you know where this is please link it for me. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
619 Posts
yeah wish they had that on the website too.

I did read this on Car and Driver about the N-Line Tuscon, which to me seems silly.

"Unlike the Sonata and Elantra N Line models, the Tucson N Line does not have any performance upgrades and instead amounts to an appearance package. "

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
1,881 Posts

I did read this on Car and Driver about the N-Line Tuscon, which to me seems silly.

"Unlike the Sonata and Elantra N Line models, the Tucson N Line does not have any performance upgrades and instead amounts to an appearance package. "
Yes, I was hoping to see a 2.5 turbo available in the Limited line.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

Not even a suspension tune for the N-Line, but I'm not counting the N-Line out completely because it slots in price-wise just above the blue trim. I want the 17" wheels and don't want the sunroof. As I look over the features list of the hybrid blue trim, I see that it has most of the stuff I need and want without forcing me into the hated 19" wheels and sunroof. But then I come to the instruments and bam! There it is! The old strip gimmick that marketers love to spring on car shoppers. It's a form of extortion. They strip out a feature that most shoppers expect and force them to pay thousands more to get the cheap feature back. In this case, they strip out the modern LCD instrument panel (that looks like it belongs there) and substitute analog instruments that look like they were lifted from a 1980s era Yugo. It looks like ass.

Notice that Hyundai won't show pictures of the blue trim on their website. We see only upper-level trims on the website and in utube videos. Sure would like to see something other than the top-level trims.

·
Registered
63 Posts
They don't know what HP is is South Korea, always detuning their engines, and if you want something that moves you have to go full N.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not even a suspension tune for the N-Line, but I'm not counting the N-Line out completely because it slots in price-wise just above the blue trim. I want the 17" wheels and don't want the sunroof. As I look over the features list of the hybrid blue trim, I see that it has most of the stuff I need and want without forcing me into the hated 19" wheels and sunroof. But then I come to the instruments and bam! There it is! The old strip gimmick that marketers love to spring on car shoppers. It's a form of extortion. They strip out a feature that most shoppers expect and force them to pay thousands more to get the cheap feature back. In this case, they strip out the modern LCD instrument panel (that looks like it belongs there) and substitute analog instruments that look like they were lifted from a 1980s era Yugo. It looks like ass.

Notice that Hyundai won't show pictures of the blue trim on their website. We see only upper-level trims on the website and in utube videos. Sure would like to see something other than the top-level trims.
Most N-line suspensions on other vehicles end up being too stiff anyway, which doesn't make sense in this market segment. And like you are implying, the 19" wheels alone are likely to make the vehicle feel quite a bit stiffer in and of itself. I'm leaning towards a mostly loaded hybrid but without a sunroof, if such a beast ends up existing.

Especially pano roofs look really cool, but they can let in more heat and are a source of rattles and leaks 5+ years down the line, and they can be surprisingly heavy which isn't great when its literally the highest point on the car for a lot of weight to be, hurting handling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I noticed multiple 2022 Tucson's at dealers that is the "Sport" trim. Is this 2016-2018 all over again where Hyundai had additional trims not listed on their website?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I noticed multiple 2022 Tucson's at dealers that is the "Sport" trim. Is this 2016-2018 all over again where Hyundai had additional trims not listed on their website?
Are you sure you're not talking about the outgoing 2021 Tucson which has a "sport" trim?

·
Registered
2021 Sonata N-line, 2011 Sonata GLS
56 Posts
I've seen that too. Wonder if those are N-lines, but there seems to be too many of them to be that. Not even sure that's on the lots yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The ones I was able to get a window sticker for all shown them as the SEL with Convenience package. Dealership system issue?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hyundaiusa added spec and trim info to their website on the 2022 Tucson this morning. This is for the NA 2.5L gasoline version only though. We still wait for the hybrid info.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hybrid spec and trim infor is available on the Hyundaiusa website as of today.
Really too bad, the Hybrid Blue is the perfect version for me, smaller wheels with more sidewall, smaller infotainment so I get wireless AA, no sunroof that I prefer, but the fabric they use on the cloth seats is pretty horrible, you get that cheesy pill shaped gauge cluster, and the grill being silver really clashes with the DRLs being black.

SEL Convenience fixes some issues but hurts others as now you have to have pano sunroof and 19" wheels, get the 10.25" which looks nice but now you have to always plug your phone in, and you still get the IMO tacky silver color grill and the scratchy cloth seats.

Limited finally ditches the silver grill and scratchy seats, but before mentioned issues along w/ a pricetag of $38,885 isn't cheap.

Reviewers are saying the hybrid really feels a lot peppier though, so I'm thinking a Hybrid Blue might be the way to go, and then I can get Katzkins installed for $1600 and just deal with the more primitive gauge cluster and guessing I can have the grill wrapped or painted inexpensively. Hmm... will have to see how the Santa Cruz can be equipped/priced out before deciding between the two.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Really too bad, the Hybrid Blue is the perfect version for me, smaller wheels with more sidewall, smaller infotainment so I get wireless AA, no sunroof that I prefer, but the fabric they use on the cloth seats is pretty horrible, you get that cheesy pill shaped gauge cluster, and the grill being silver really clashes with the DRLs being black.

SEL Convenience fixes some issues but hurts others as now you have to have pano sunroof and 19" wheels, get the 10.25" which looks nice but now you have to always plug your phone in, and you still get the IMO tacky silver color grill and the scratchy cloth seats.

Limited finally ditches the silver grill and scratchy seats, but before mentioned issues along w/ a pricetag of $38,885 isn't cheap.

Reviewers are saying the hybrid really feels a lot peppier though, so I'm thinking a Hybrid Blue might be the way to go, and then I can get Katzkins installed for $1600 and just deal with the more primitive gauge cluster and guessing I can have the grill wrapped or painted inexpensively. Hmm... will have to see how the Santa Cruz can be equipped/priced out before deciding between the two.
I'm of the same opinion. Some MBA stripped the LCD gauges out of the blue trim leaving us with an analog cluster lifted from a 1980 yugo. Worse, the hybrid charge/eco/power gauge is omitted which is really a necessity to drive a hybrid properly. That gauge has to be front and center. So the blue trim is out even though it has 95% of what I want. The really frustrating thing is that the analog gauges are probably more expensive to manufacture than the LCD. This is purely an extortion game.

The $2600 more expensive SEL/Convenience trim buys the gauges back but it also buys me silly 19" wheels that are heavier and get poorer gas mileage. I'd have to pay through the nose to get the inferior 19" wheels and then pay again to get some aftermarket 17s. It also gets me a sunroof; a device that adds extra weight and expense to my car while simultaneously weakening the chassis. They can't be opened, lest the sun shine directly in your eyes and the reflections off the glass make it impossible to see. It will eventually leak or break or fail in some other annoying way. Yay!. The only thing worse than a sunroof is the full-on stupid panel sunroof which the SEL/Conv. trim proudly sports. This "upgrade" can't be got rid of so easily.

As I try to decide which trim level is worse, I realize that neither will do. I'm going to wait for the Sportage. Maybe Kia will have a trim more to my liking. Sigh. So much win with the Tucson. I thought my long wait was over.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I see that a dealer has a blue trim in stock. The gauges have the eco/charge/pwr gauge instead of the tach. The hyundaiusa website has the wrong photo. Now I'm thinking the blue trim might be fine. The dealer is 155 miles away, though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I see that a dealer has a blue trim in stock. The gauges have the eco/charge/pwr gauge instead of the tach. The hyundaiusa website has the wrong photo. Now I'm thinking the blue trim might be fine. The dealer is 155 miles away, though.
More good news, look what I found: Autotrader - page unavailable

Its a Blue Hybrid but it does NOT have a silver grill like the website shows! The silver Hyundai logo looks dumb, but you can fix that in 10 mins w/ black plastidip followed by a coat of glossifier and it should blend in fine.

Edit: BTW is it just me or did they screw up the mini-gauge placement? Fuel door is on the left side of the vehicle, so fuel gauge should be on the left, and the battery gauge should be on the right next to the charge indicator, no?

·
Registered
76 Posts
So one thing I'm not understanding that I just noticed, is that the listed weights for the hybrid trims are much less different than expected

SEL: 3715.0 lbs
Blue: 3644.0 lbs
Difference: 71lbs

But that's less than 100lbs for the weight difference of a pano sunroof, bigger wheels, and powered liftgate. Does that sound right, or another mistake on the Hyundai site?

Pano roof subtracts 2" headroom in the front but only 0.8 inches in the back.

The other interesting thing I'm noticing is that the Blue model appears to have LED reflectors vs the Limited which gets LED projector headlights. I can't find anyone that has compared them yet at night. For the DRLs, the limited also gets "premium" LED vs the SEL and Blue's standard, but I can't tell what that means, if they are just lower lumen?

Another key difference I'll have to check out is I noticed the Blue does not have leather wrapped steering wheel like the SEL does. Often unwrapped steering wheels can feel pretty rubbery and cheap.

Hmmm...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts