Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody call this? No reason for me to, but wonder if you get free towing service if your Elantra keeps you stalled someplace.

Ha, been carrying towing insurance every since OBD I, OBD II starting in 1996 is even worse. Vehicles were so simple then, could keep them going on the road.

But with a microcontroller with millions of sub micron transistors, if just one goes out you will not fire a spark or an injector. Least code was stored in burnt PROM, indestructible, but with OBD II, the same kind of memory you have in your digital camera, and you know how long these last. Marketing push this with the internet, instead of mailing out a new 89 cent PROM chip, have some kid fooling around with a computer for a half an hour charging us 90 bucks an hour trying to find your firmware, had to download it to a laptop with a dead battery, than transfer this to your vehicle. Engineers were vehemently against this, but most companies are run by marketing today.

Maybe I will just try that number to see what happens, as long as I am in cell phone range.

·
Registered
941 Posts
You wonder if it does? You wonder? It's plastered all over the Hyundai website and on every new car you look at. 5 years roadside assistance. What's the mystery here?

I don't even know what the rest of your nonsense is about when it comes to getting towed on the side of the road. Nobody is playing with your micro controllers, proms, computers, firmware, marketing, engineers, or technicians when you're stalled on the side of the road and need a tow.

Yes, please call that number and find out the super secrets of Hyundai. Please report back your findings so that we all may call and get the secret code word of the day.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Was a 'yes' to hard?. The number is on the driver side rear window for roadside assistance. As long as you are within your roadside warranty, they will tow you to the NEAREST Hyundai dealership.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 4 of 4 Posts