I just finished replacing my upper control arms, following the instructions posted here. Excellent instructions - thank you !!! I would like to comment on the procedure for the passenger's side. I tried the suggested method of using a spring compressor to create enough clearance to remove the two anchor bolts. I found that compressing the spring actually made the situation worse. The method that I next tried was to loosen the three nuts (in the engine compartment) that secure the strut assembly. I did not remove them completely, but just loosened them to near the ends of the threads. This allowed me to drop the entire strut assembly just enough to provide clearance to remove the anchor bolts from within the spring windings (and a bit safer, I might add). When done, I retightened and retorqued the three nuts (65 ftlbs) and good as new. Thanks again.